Semi-homemade 5 Layer Candy Bar Brownies are a Disney copycat recipe inspired by the celestial-sized Choco Smash Candy Bar at Avengers Campus. When you can’t make it to Disneyland, this easy Marvel themed chocolate dessert will make you a superhero with your family and friends!
5 Layer Candy Bar Brownies – Easy Disney Copycat Recipe
Disney fans will love my semi-homemade 5 Layer Candy Bar Brownies copycat recipe inspired by the Choco Smash Candy Bar. The Avengers themed gigantic chocolate bar is a new dessert at Disneyland and one of the best candy bars I’ve ever eaten!
After visiting California Adventure for the Oogie Boogie Bash, I fell in love with this amazing Disney Marvel dessert and had to make my own version of the candy bar as soon as I got home.
What is a Choco Smash Candy Bar?
The Choco Smash Candy Bar is a gigantic sized chocolate dessert layered with caramel, nougat, peanuts, brownie and covered in dark chocolate. For $8 at Disneyland, this mega candy bar is big enough to split with a group!
Choco Smash Candy Bar Copycat Recipe
Since the Choco Smash Candy Bar is so new to the amazing Disney dessert line up, I had no idea what to call my version of this semi-homemade recipe. I thought of these names…
- Avengers Campus Candy Bar Brownies
- Choco Smash Candy Bar Marvel Copycat Recipe
- MEGA Marvel Choco Smash Brownies (I really love this one!)
- Ant Man Themed Homemade Brownies
- Semi Homemade Choco Smash Candy Bar Brownies
- Disney’s Choco Smash Candy Bar Brownie Recipe
Because these decadent brownies do have a layer of candy bars, I eventually settled on something simple that anyone, even those who are not huge Disney fans would understand… 5 Layer Candy Bar Brownies – A Disney Copycat Recipe.
I hope you love my homemade Choco Smash Candy Bar copycat recipe! It’s seriously one of my BEST chocolate dessert recipes yet! Enjoy these rich 5 layer candy bar brownies topped with dark chocolate ganache.
More Tasty Disney Inspired Desserts:
- Frozen Dole Whip – Disney Copycat Recipe
- Disney Dessert Board
- 20 Darling Disney Themed Desserts
- Disney Jarcuterie
- 6 Easy Baby Yoda Recipes
- Minnie Mouse Cookie Pops
- Olaf Marshmallow Pops
Where is the Choco Smash Candy Bar at Disneyland?
Wondering where you can find the real gigantic candy bar at Disneyland? You’ll find this Marvel themed dessert in Pym Test Kitchen at California Adventure.
Pym Test Kitchen is an Ant-Man and The Wasp-themed restaurant at Avengers Campus in California Adventure. Enjoy fun food with giant pieces of meat and a tiny bun all the way to the enormous Choco Smash Candy Bar. You’ll definitely want to stop at this one-of-a-kind restaurant on your next trip to Disneyland.
More great Disney Snacks & Restaurants:
How can you make this Avengers Campus candy bar dessert at home?
Right here!! Keep reading below or print the recipe and get started baking right away.
How to Make Choco Smash 5 Layer Candy Bar Brownies
This recipe is an easy semi-homemade layered brownie version made with all of my favorite things! Snickers, brownies, marshmallow fluff, peanut butter and dark chocolate ganache.
5 Layer Candy Bar brownie Ingredients:
- Brownie mix
- vegetable oil
- creamy peanut butter
- powdered sugar
- fun sized Snickers (Use the whole pack!)
- marshmallow creme
- dark chocolate chips
- heavy whipping cream
Step 1 – Bake Candy Bar Brownies
Once you bake your brownies, you’ll layer them with Snickers candy bars. I used an entire package of fun sized candy bars. Push them down into the soft brownies right after you remove them from the oven, so they melt into the top.
Superhero Tip: You will want fudge like brownies, so only use 2 eggs with your boxed brownie mix.
Step 2 – Layer with Marshmallow
Next after your brownies cool, layer with marshmallow fluff. It’s starting to smell so good at this point!
Step 3 – Layer with Peanut Butter Mixture
The next layer is a mixture of peanut butter and powdered sugar. It’s getting extra good now.
Step 4 – Layer with Dark Chocolate ganache
The last but best layer is the dark chocolate ganache! This is made with dark chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream.
I used Lily’s Dark Chocolate chips to try to make my recipe slightly less calories, but the chocolate cracked as it started to cool. I think regular dark chocolate chips would work better. But the cracks didn’t bother me, the taste was still amazing!
Superhero Tip: You want the top chocolate layer to cool completely before cutting into them. I couldn’t wait to try one of these brownies so I put them in the refrigerator to cool them off quicker.
5 Layer Candy Bar Brownies – A Disney Copycat Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees for a metal or glass pan.
- Grease bottom of pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix brownie mix, eggs, water and oil.
- Add to an 8×8 inch pan and bake for 31-34 minutes. Insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean the brownies are done.
- Before the brownies cool, layer with Snickers candy bars. Gently push the candy bars down into the brownies, so they melt into the top. Place into the refrigerator to cool.
- While waiting for the brownies to cool, make your peanut butter mixture. In a bowl, mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar until creamy and fluffy. Cover and set aside.
- After brownies cool, layer with marshmallow fluff.
- Next, add a layer of the peanut butter mixture. Set aside.
- Add heavy whipping cream into a glass and microwave for 15-25 seconds to warm it up.
- Add dark chocolate chips to a small glass bowl and heat in microwave for 30-45 seconds until they are soft. Do not over heat or they will become hard.
- Pour the warm whipping cream over the chocolate chips and stir with a spoon until creamy.
- Immediately pour over the top of the peanut butter mixture layer and spread until the entire top is covered.
- Let completely cool, then slice your 5 layer brownies and enjoy!