Out of this world Nutella French Toast recipe with creamy whipped topping! Pair it with strawberries for a quick and easy breakfast or snack.
Nutella French Toast is the perfect breakfast for chocolate lovers!
I love Nutella and always happy to find more ways to use it like in this amazing Nutella French Toast recipe. This tasty chocolate, hazelnut and strawberry recipe is such a treat.
We love french toast around here so I was so excited about this new recipe! With creamy whipped topping and strawberries, this delicious stuffed french toast is the perfect breakfast or after school snack.
This Valentine’s Day, I cut a strawberry heart to celebrate the day with my kids. So fun!
Today’s easy and delicious Nutella Stuffed French Toast recipe comes to us from our fabulous food contributor, Divian Conner! Enjoy her beautiful photos and simple to make french toast recipe.
Originally published January 16, 2013
More breakfast recipes you might like:
- Instant Pot Banana French Toast Casserole
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cinnamon Rolls
- Strawberry Cashew Oatmeal Bars
- Swiss and Ham Overnight Breakfast Strata
- Overnight Cranberry-Blueberry French Toast
- Healthy Minions Banana Smoothie
How to make Nutella Stuffed French Toast
My children love french toast. It is one of those breakfast options that seems like a lot of work, but really, it is simple and easy to make. And takes just as much time as pancakes! What can be better than combining Nutella, strawberries, french toast and whipped cream? It is a sure breakfast winner!
You will need for Nutella French Toast:
- Slices of bread (I used sliced french bread)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- Whipped Topping (softened)
Servings: 4 french toast sandwiches
Spread generous amount of Nutella onto 4 slices of bread. Top with remaining bread.
In bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon, mix/blend well. You can add more milk for less egginess.
Coat both side with egg mixture, allowing it to sit for about a minute or two to soak in the egg mixture. Let the excess mixture drip off of the bread.
In skillet, coat with nonstick cooking spray and turn heat on low. I prefer to cook my french toast on low heat to reduce burning of the outside and to ensure that the bread is completely cooked and not soggy. Let cook on low for about 2 minutes, turn over to make sure it is cooking. Continue to turn over once every 3-4 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
Slice each sandwich and top with whipped topping or whipped cream and fresh berries. This would be a perfect Valentine breakfast.
QUICK TIP: To decorate your plate, place a spoonful of Nutella into a plastic sandwich bag. Squeeze into the corner of the bag and clip the tip of the corner with scissors. ‘Pipe’ your design onto the plate before putting on the french toast and berries.
Nutella French Toast
- 8 slices french bread
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup Nutella
- 1 cup Strawberries
- ¼ cup Whipped Topping
- Spread generous amount of Nutella onto 4 slices of bread. Top with remaining bread.
- In bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
- Coat both sides of bread slices with egg mixture, allowing it to sit for about a minute or two to soak in the egg mixture. Let the excess mixture drip off of the bread.
- In skillet, coat with nonstick cooking spray and turn heat on low.
- Let cook on low for about 2 minutes, turn over to make sure it is cooking.
- Continue to turn over once every 3-4 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
- Slice each french toast sandwich and top with whipped topping or whipped cream and fresh berries.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below.
Get featured! Just take a picture and share on our Facebook Page or tag @LivingLocurto on Instagram and use the hashtag #LivingLocurto in your photo description.
Enjoy more great breakfast recipes:
An easy Banana French Toast Instant Pot Recipe.
Overnight Cranberry-Blueberry French Toast
You might also like these recipes:
- 14 Mouthwatering Nutella Desserts
- No-Bake Double Chocolate Breakfast Cookies
- Homemade Nutella Recipe
- Nutella Hazelnut Cookies
Love this!! Very yummy looking. ????
I absolutely cannot wait to make this!! What gorgeous photos, on top of what must be a delicious recipe. Looking forward to devouring this very soon!
Definitely trying this Divian! We LOVE Nutella!
Divian – I made this for my kids and it was a BIG winner! They are so picky and not a fan of french toast, but adding the Nutella worked. Thanks!
Thank you, Jen!!
Oh thank you! Let us know if you try it out!
Thank you! My children keep asking for it. I knew it was a winner when they asked for it the next day! 🙂
oh wow! this looks incredible!
This sounds delicious Amy and Divian! YUM! I am off to tweet it right this second.
That looks amazing!! My kids would go crazy. They love Nutella. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I just pinned it 🙂