Last Updated on October 4, 2021 by Amy Locurto
Oogie Boogie Bash tips and tricks! What to expect and do when going to the Disney Halloween Party at California Adventure in Disneyland. Learn how to find tickets, where to find the best Disney villains, and tricks for getting in shorter lines.
Oogie Boogie Bash Tips – A Disney Halloween Party
The Disney Oogie Boogie Bash is the best Halloween Party around! Here are helpful tips if you are planning a trip to California Adventure this Halloween.
I love all things Disney Halloween and just went to the Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party for my 50th birthday and had such an amazing time! My friends and I were so excited when we were able to get tickets to this sought out event.
If you are going too, here is the scoop and our thoughts about it all. I hope this helps you plan your amazing Halloween night at Disney!
Disney’s Oogie Boogie Bash Dates 2021
The Oogie Boogie Bash dates at Disney California Adventure Park are on select nights from early September through October 31. The Disney Halloween Party starts at 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
Is The Oogie Boogie Bash Worth It?
If you’re wondering if this Disney Halloween party is worth it, wonder no longer… it’s a definite YES!!
Perks of going to the Oogie Boogie Bash:
- You can enter the park 3 hours before the Halloween party starts.
- With limited capacity, ride lines are short. You’ll walk right on many rides.
- All rides are standby lines. No virtual queues for rides such as Web Slingers – A Spider-Man Adventure.
- Trick-or-Treat Trails. Collect treats along trails with Halloween music, fun decor and some Disney Villains.
- Enjoy the Frightfully Fun Parade. Parade times are 7:45 pm and 10 pm
- Fun Character Sightings in their Halloween costumes.
- Experience Villains Grove in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. It’s a spooktacular walk through experience into the world of Disney villains.
- Free Photos. PhotoPass digital photo downloads are included in the price of your event ticket.
- Special Halloween Decor. Enjoy special Oogie Boogie Bash decor that you won’t see on any other night!
Where Do You Find Tickets to the Oogie Boogie Bash?
If you are wanting a sought after ticket to Disneyland’s Oogie Boogie Bash, plan ahead! We waited in the virtual queue line for over 6 hours the day they went on sale to get our tickets!
The bad news: Oogie Boogie Bash tickets for the entire months of September and October sold out fast on Disney’s website.
The good news: Sometimes people can’t go, or have too many tickets that they don’t need. The best way to find those tickets is on TicketSwap. Buyers receive their tickets immediately after making payment. You can set up a notification when a ticket is available.
Just be warned, once the the TicketSwap tickets are listed, they will be gone within 30 seconds! You have to act fast and buy immediately when you get a notification.
How is Disney ensuring that everyone without Oogie Boogie Bash tickets leaves the park at 6 pm?
Disney definitely creates magic on the night of their Halloween party! To ensure that only Oogie Boogie Bash ticket holders are in the park during the party, they give you wristbands. Anyone without one is ushered out.
Does Everyone Wear Costumes to the Oogie Boogie Bash?
Wondering if you should wear a costume to the Oogie Boogie Bash? It’s not required, but definitely lots of fun! You’ll see babies, kids and adults in costumes, but don’t worry if you are not wearing a costume.
Halloween t-shirts are always a fun and easy costume. Our group dressed as Andy’s toys from Toy Story with simple t-shirts and hats.
Looking for easy group Halloween costume ideas?
Here are some cute ideas I found when searching for our Toy Story costumes.
Where are the Villains at the Oogie Boogie Bash?
The most fun part of the Oogie Boogie Bash is collecting goodies and candy on the treat trails!
As you enter the bash, you’ll get a bag to collect your goodies. It might seem small, but don’t worry, it will hold all of your candy!
You’ll find 10 treat trails throughout California Adventure. We saw some great Disney villains. It was so much fun! To make it easy for you, I scanned my map and showed you exactly which villain you’ll find where.
Look for these Disney Villains on the treat trails:
- Oogie Boogie from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas – Animation Building (inside)
- Cruella De Vil – Hollywood Backlot Stage (outside)
- Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland- Hollywood Lane (outside)
- Agatha Harkness from WandaVision – Avengers Campus (outside)
- Cars – Cars Land (outside)
- Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog – Avengers Campus entry (outside)
- Sid from Toy Story- Pixar Pier (outside)
- Maleficent – Grizzly Peak (outside)
- The Evil Queen from Snow White – Grizzly Peak (outside)
Our 3 favorite treat trail villains were Sid, Cruella and Maleficent!
What is Something We Should Not Miss at the Oogie Boogie Bash?
There is so much to do at the Oogie Boogie Bash! But don’t miss a few of our favorites…
I would recommend you DO NOT miss walking through Villains Grove in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. It’s an amazing walk through experience into the world of Disney villains that must be done when it gets dark. The lights, sounds and smells are fantastic!
The Villains Grove experience is great for all ages, but note there are parts which are very dark or with lots of fog, which might scare small children.
Tip for getting in quicker: Get in line during the last parade between 10:15 – 10:30 pm. We did this and only waited a few minutes in the line. After the last parade, the line to get into Villains Grove was super long.
Another must do, is the standby line for Web Slingers – A Spider-Man Adventure in the Avengers Campus. This was such a treat to not have to worry about the virtual line!
Tip for getting in quicker: Get in the line around 8 pm. The line will have slowed down by then and be slightly shorter.
I hope these Disney Halloween Party tips and tricks help you have an extra magical time!
You’ll also like:
- Mickey Mouse Halloween Cookies
- 10 Best Snacks at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Tips for New Year’s Eve at Magic Kingdom
- Frozen Dole Whip – Disney Copycat Recipe