Last updated on December 3rd, 2018 at 06:52 pm
Over the holidays, I made a new Cranberry Raspberry Sangria that when served at my party was gone within minutes! I call it Christmas Sangria and thought you might enjoy serving it for your friends as well.
Crowd Pleasing Christmas Sangria!
This raspberry, cranberry and apple Christmas Sangria is the easiest cocktail to make for a big crowd, you just dump everything in and forget about it. I’ve made several popular Sangria recipes this past year, but this one is very different.
This simple Christmas sangria is made with white wine and Chambord, one of my favorite raspberry liqueurs. Not only is it a mix of sweet and tart, but it looks very fancy! It makes a wonderful drink for any holiday party.
Christmas Sangria is a great crowd pleaser and perfect for any kind of party from New Year’s Eve all the way to summer and beyond. Even though it’s called Christmas Sangria, you can certainly make it anytime of the year!
How to Make Christmas Sangria
Fill a pitcher with a half a cup each of raspberries, cubed granny smith apples and whole cranberries.
Now pour your favorite type of white wine over the fruit. I used Pinot Grigio because it’s a sweet white wine and will balance out the tartness of the cranberries, apples and raspberries.
Add a fourth of a cup of raspberry liqueur such as Chambord and one half cup of cran-raspberry juice. Stir it all together and refrigerate your sangria for several hours or overnight before serving.
After a few hours and the fruit juices have soaked into your sangria, do a taste test. If your fruit is extra sour, your sangria might be too tart. If so, add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar depending on how tart it tastes. Be sure to only put a little sugar in at a time, you don’t want it to end up too sweet.
I like my sangria to have some fizz, if you do as well, add a cup of lemon-lime soda to your pitcher right before serving. This will also cut any tartness and make your sangria a little more sweet without having to add sugar.
I hope you enjoy this Cranberry Raspberry Christmas Sangria as much as we did! Happy New Year! See how easy this sangria is to make. Just click play and watch me make this recipe in the video below.
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup cubed granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup whole cranberries
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur such as Chambord
- 1/2 cup cran-raspberry juice
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar optional
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda optional
- Fill a pitcher with raspberries, apples and cranberries.
- Pour wine over the fruit.
- Add raspberry liqueur, juice, sugar (optional) and stir.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- If you think your raspberry sangria needs to be sweeter, add lemon-lime soda before serving.
You might also like this Skinny Sangria!
You might also like these cranberry recipes:
- The Best Cranberry Desserts You’ll Ever Make
- Cranberry Sugar Scrub
- Cranberry Orange Moscow Mule
- Beef Tenderloin Cranberry & Pear Salad