Now that the weather is getting cooler, it’s the perfect time to cook comfort foods like baked potato soup to warm our bellies. You won’t believe how quickly you can make Instant Pot Potato Soup!
10 Minute Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup is the perfect quick and easy hearty meal!
With colder weather, it’s also the PERFECT time to use your pressure cooker. If you don’t have one, then add it to your wish list. I have the Instant Pot and it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread! I am not kidding, you won’t believe how much time it saves! No more frozen chicken nuggets on busy nights. You can literally dump a few ingredients in the pot, turn it on and have a great hot homemade meal in minutes.
The Instant Pot just made this a quick and easy weeknight meal for us. WINNING! I think it took longer to peel the potatoes than to cook the soup. If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can make this in your slow cooker or stove top as well.
This creamy and warm cheesy baked potato soup is sure to be a new hit recipe in your house too. Not only is it super simple, but also gluten free.
Enjoy a Free Gift!
Before you print my favorite Instant Pot Potato Soup Recipe, I want to give you a free gift!
To help you stay organized, enjoy a free gift to help you plan out your week. I love planning my dinners for the week ahead of time. It just makes busy weeknights so much easier when there is a plan. Click the button below for your gift and make sure to put “Instant Pot Potato Soup” on the to do list!
How to Make 10 Minute Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup
- 5 pound bag of potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 large shallot, minced (or 3 tablespoons minced onion)
- 5-6 cups chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup softened cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 cups milk (depending on how thin you want your soup)
- ½ cup real bacon bits, heated (optional)
- 1 green onion chopped for garnish (optional)
- Add the minced shallots and potatoes to an Instant Pot.
- Pour enough chicken broth in the pot to cover the potatoes. Seal the Instant Pot lid and cook on manual or soup setting for 10 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, turn the valve from sealing to venting to release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and mash the potatoes. Use a potato masher or an electric hand mixer.
- Add butter, cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper, and blend to the consistency you like best.
- Add milk to the soup and stir enough in until you get your desired soup thickness.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Add bacon bits to a small glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until crunchy.
- Mix all of bacon bits into the potato soup, or use as a topping.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice.
Did you make this soup? Share a photo on Instagram and tag #LivingLocurto!
More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes:
You might also enjoy these Slow Cooker Dinner ideas!
Love Potato Soup but don’t have an Instant Pot? Try this delicious recipe for The Best Potato Soup!