Last updated on March 7th, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Here’s a fast and easy way to cook frozen chicken breasts in an Instant Pot pressure cooker. Learn the best way to get delicious juicy chicken breasts in minutes with no thawing required!
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in an Instant Pot
I love my Instant Pot and have been using it several times a week for over a year, but I have never cooked frozen chicken breasts in a pressure cooker until now. Why I waited so long to do this… I will never know?!? If you have been hesitating on adding those frozen chicken breasts into to your Instant Pot, wait no longer! Today, I’m sharing how I like to cook my frozen chicken breasts along with some easy recipe ideas for the wonderful juicy chicken that comes out of the Instant Pot.
I hope you enjoy this easy way to cook frozen chicken breasts in an Instant Pot pressure cooker. Get delicious chicken breasts in minutes with no thawing needed plus some of my favorite chicken recipes for a quick dinner!
How to cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot
You can easily change this recipe up to your liking, but here is my favorite way to cook frozen chicken breasts in my Instant Pot. Be sure to print my go-to recipe and detailed instructions below.
I love making chicken recipes in my Instant Pot and frozen chicken is super easy. All you really need to make the most delicious chicken is a few ingredients and a pressure cooker! Start with these five ingredients, then the next time you cook some frozen chicken, change it up!
- frozen chicken breasts
- minced garlic
- chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- Add butter, garlic and chicken broth into the pot.
- Place the frozen chicken breasts into the pressure cooker pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and make sure the vent is sealed.
- Press the poultry setting and set it to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- If you have more than two chicken breasts, let the pressure release for 5 minutes, then do a quick release. For two chicken breasts, do a quick release 1-2 minutes after it’s done.
- Remove chicken from liquid and let sit for 3-5 minutes before shredding or slicing.
It’s really that easy!
Alternative Recipes for Instant Pot Frozen Chicken
You might like to try something different in your Instant Pot to add more flavor to your chicken. If so, instead of chicken broth in the pressure cooker try using one of these liquids instead:
- white wine – I LOVE the flavor wine gives chicken.
- pineapple juice – This would be amazing with Teriyaki sauce, vegetables and rice.
- orange juice – Another great alternative if you don’t have pineapple juice in the fridge.
- apple juice – This is next on my list to try!
- tomato juice or V-8 – This would be great for shredded chicken added to Italian or tortilla soup.
If you try one of these alternatives, let me know how you like it in the comments below!
Chicken Recipes for Instant Pot Frozen Chicken
Now that you have your cooked chicken, you can easily add it to salad, pasta, sandwiches, soup or dips. Here are a few simple chicken recipes you might like to try.
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2-4 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Add butter, garlic and chicken broth into the pot.
Place the frozen chicken breasts into the pressure cooker pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Close the lid and make sure the vent is sealed.
Press the manual setting and set it to high pressure for 10 minutes.
If you have more than two chicken breasts, let the pressure release for an extra 5 minutes, then do a quick release. For two chicken breasts, do a quick release 1-2 minutes after it's done.
Remove chicken from liquid and let sit for 3-5 minutes before shredding or slicing.
If using fresh chicken breasts, pressure cook for 6 minutes.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below.
Get featured! Just take a picture and share on our Facebook Page for a chance to be bragged about in my newsletter! You can also tag @LivingLocurto and #LivingLocurto on Instagram. Fun!
You might also like these chicken recipes:
- The Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Avocado Chicken Tomato Sandwich
- Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken