How to cook frozen chicken breasts in the Instant Pot. Learn the best way to get delicious juicy Instant Pot chicken breasts in minutes with no thawing required!
Easy Instant Pot Chicken made in less than 25 minutes.
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breasts
I love my Instant Pot and have been using it several times a week for over a year, but the day I cooked frozen chicken breasts in the Instant Pot, was the day my life changed forever!
You’ll want to make chicken in your pressure cooker all of the time after reading this recipe.
If you have been hesitating on adding those frozen chicken breasts into to your Instant Pot, wait no longer!
Today, I’m sharing how I like to cook my frozen chicken breasts, along with some easy recipe ideas for the wonderful juicy chicken that comes out of the Instant Pot.
I hope you enjoy this easy way to cook frozen chicken breasts in a pressure cooker.
Get delicious chicken breasts in minutes with no thawing needed, plus some of my favorite chicken recipes for a quick dinner!
Print my go-to recipe and detailed instructions in the recipe card below.
Why You’ll Love Cooking Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot
- You’ll save time since there is no need to thaw chicken.
- Cooking chicken has never been made so easy!
- It’s an easy recipe idea for the Instant Pot.
- This is a healthy and quick way to a lot of chicken.
- A fix and forget it meal but way faster than a slow cooker.
How to Cook Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot
I love cooking chicken in my Instant Pot and frozen chicken is incredibly easy to make for a quick dinner. All you need to make the most delicious chicken is a few ingredients and a pressure cooker!
You can easily change this recipe up to your liking, but here is my favorite way to cook frozen chicken breasts in the Instant Pot.
Start with these five ingredients to cook Instant Pot chicken:
- frozen chicken breasts
- minced garlic
- chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- Add ingredients to Instant Pot: such as butter, minced garlic and chicken broth into the pot.
- Place frozen chicken breasts over ingredients: sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pressure Cook: Close the lid and make sure the vent is sealed.
Instant Pot Products We Recommend
Tips for Cooking Instant Pot Frozen Chicken
- Press the poultry setting: Set it on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- For two chicken breasts: do a quick release 1-2 minutes after it’s done.
- For more than two chicken breasts: let the pressure release for 5 minutes, then do a quick release.
If for some reason your chicken is not cooked all the way through, place the lid back onto the Instant Pot and set to warm. After a few more minutes, it should be cooked completely.
After removing the chicken from the liquid, let settle for 3-5 minutes before shredding or slicing.
It’s really that easy, scroll down to print this recipe!
–> Have you made this chicken? If so, let me know in the comments below how it turned out for you!
How Do You Add Flavor to Your Instant Pot Chicken?
You might like to try something different in your Instant Pot to add more flavor to your chicken. If so, instead of chicken broth in the pressure cooker try using one of these liquids instead:
- white wine – I LOVE the flavor wine gives chicken.
- pineapple juice – This would be amazing with Teriyaki sauce, vegetables and rice.
- orange juice – Another great alternative if you don’t have pineapple juice in the fridge.
- apple juice – This is next on my list to try!
- tomato juice or V-8 – This would be great for shredded chicken added to Italian or tortilla soup.
If you try one of these alternatives, click here to let me know how you like it in the comments below!
What Recipes Can You Make with Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breasts?
Now that you have your cooked chicken, you can easily add it to salad, pasta, sandwiches, soup or dips. Here are a few simple chicken recipes you might like to try.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Get an Instant Pot on Amazon here.
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Add butter, garlic and chicken broth into the pot.
- Place the frozen chicken breasts into the pressure cooker pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and make sure the vent is sealed.
- Press the manual setting and set it to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- If you have extra thick chicken breasts, let the pressure release for an extra 5 minutes, then do a quick release. For two average sized chicken breasts, do a quick release 1-2 minutes after it’s done.
- Remove chicken from liquid and let sit for 3-5 minutes before shredding or slicing.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below. Get featured! Just take a picture and share on our Facebook Page for a chance to be bragged about in my newsletter! You can also tag @LivingLocurto and #LivingLocurto on Instagram. Fun!
You might also like these easy chicken recipes:
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken
- Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Cheese Balls
- Avocado Chicken Tomato Sandwich
- Instant Pot Potato Soup