Need dinner quick? With only 5 minutes of prep time and a pressure cooker, this easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork recipe makes the best barbecue sandwiches and tacos!
Easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Pressure Cooker Instant Pot Pulled Pork makes dinner a breeze!
When you don’t have time to make dinner, this Instant Pot Pulled Pork recipe will come to your rescue! I’m not kidding when I say this is about the easiest pressure cooker meal I’ve ever made!
You can tell from my all of my Instant Pot recipes that I’m a little obsessed with mine.
I’ve made slow cooker pork, but this pulled pork is so much faster and perfect for when you need a fix it and forget meal much quicker!
All you need is about five minutes of prep time, then after your pork soaks up the spices, it’s ready to go into the Instant Pot!
There is no other work besides shredding your pork for sandwiches. Easy peasy, melt in your mouth pork!
What is the best cut of meat for pulled pork?
For this recipe I use a pork shoulder which is the most flavorful cut of pork roast. The pork shoulder is cut into two parts, the Boston Butt, and the Picnic Roast.
How long does It take to cook pulled pork in the Instant Pot?
It only takes 90 minutes to cook amazing pulled pork in the Instant Pot!
You’ll have to add at least 30 minutes of time to prepare the pork and for the pressure cooker to pre-heat. Best of all, it’s super easy!
I hope you enjoy this delicious Instant Pot pulled pork recipe! It’s now one of my son’s favorite meals, and that’s saying something because he is literally THE MOST PICKY kid in the world.
Looking for more Easy dinner ideas?
You’ll also like:
- How to Cook Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Barbecue Beef Pies
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
How To Make Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make this Pulled Pork in your Instant Pot! I definitely love making this in my home.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pork shoulder or pork butt 3- 4 pounds boneless
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups barbecue sauce optional
- Mix the paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, ground mustard, and salt together in a bowl.
- Cut pork in half, then rub the spice blend all over each piece of pork. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Turn the Instant Pot on Sauté and once it says "hot", add the oil.
- Sauté pork 3-4 minutes on each side until it is brown. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add Coke, water and Worcestershire sauce then close the lid. Make sure the seal is closed.
- Cook on “Manual” or "Meat/Stew" button for 90 minutes.
- When done, let the pressure naturally release (about 10 minutes).
- Turn pressure valve to release any more pressure and open the lid.
- Place the pork onto a plate to shred with two forks.
- If you like BBQ sauce on your pork, remove the excess liquid in pot and place the pulled pork back into the Instant Pot. Stir in about 1-2 cups of BBQ sauce, close the lid and place on warm until ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below.
Originally Published on September 11, 2017
Looking for a healthy recipe?
–> Check out my recipe story for amazing easy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites!
You might also like these recipes: