This easy barbecue beef pie recipe is a savory bite sized dish for dinner or appetizer. Perfect for a football party or family meal.
Easy Barbecue Beef Pie Recipe
I wanted to share an easy barbecue beef pie dinner recipe I came up with last night. This simple recipe is nothing fancy, but sure is good and a wonderful recipe for ground beef. I even snuck in some healthy sweet potatoes and my kids had no idea! Winning!
This easy barbecue beef pie is made in muffin tins and the perfect bite-sized dish for a party. I can see serving these mini pies at a football party this fall.
How to Make Barbecue Beef Pie
- Ground Beef
- 1 small onion
- BBQ sauce
- red pepper
- sweet potatoes (I used canned)
- cheddar cheese
This is an easy mixture of ground beef, barbecue sauce, peppers, sweet potatoes and corn in a biscuit. Such a great mixture of sweet and savory.
Wouldn’t these barbecue beef pies look cute stacked on a cupcake stand at a party?
I had some leftover meat mixture, so I found a box of cornbread in the pantry and make another pie! After trying both the biscuits and corn bread, I like the biscuits the best.
I used Country Bob’s Sauce. The folks at Country Bob’s sent me a bunch of barbecue sauce to test out. It’s really yummy, sweet and tangy with a little spice. I’ve been using it on all sorts of things lately.
I hope you enjoy this easy Barbecue Beef Pie!
Barbecue Beef Pie
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce - use as much as you like
- 1/2 large red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, chopped - I use canned
- 1 ear of corn
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Add beef and onion to skillet and cook until done.
- Lower heat to simmer and mix in BBQ sauce, red pepper, sweet potato.
- Cut the corn off the ear of corn and add that to the mix.
- Mix Bisquick and milk in a bowl.
- Drop a spoonful of dough into a muffin tin. Repeat until you've used all the dough.
- Bake biscuits for about 2 minutes, then take out of oven and add a large spoonful of the meat mixture to each muffin tin on top of the biscuit dough. Press the spoon down making a little cup for the mix.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for another 8-10 minutes.