Easy Ice Cream Social Party Ideas to help you make sweet memories. Learn how to make an ice cream cone balloon backdrop, decorate a food cart and more fun party ideas!
Sponsored by Mirum
Easy Ice Cream Social Party Ideas
We said goodbye to summer and crossed one last thing off of our bucket list by hosting a back to school ice cream social. I hope you enjoy these fun and simple Ice Cream Social Party Ideas to help you make sweet memories this summer!
Get inspiration for how to decorate a beverage cart using my red and teal ice cream social printable party collection. You can’t go wrong with this easy ice cream cone balloon backdrop and cart filled with everything you need for an ice cream social.
Scroll down for all of the tutorials, printables and ice cream rewards details.
Albertson’s Ice Cream Rewards is back! You can earn a $5 reward when you spend $20 on selected ice cream brands at any Albertson’s stores.
What are the Albertson’s Ice Cream Rewards?
Make summer even sweeter with the Albertson’s Ice Cream Rewards! Spend $20 on select brands and get money back and your ice cream.
Shop at these participating Albertson’s stores:
How Do You Get Your Reward?
1. BUY: When you spend $20 on participating Unilever ice cream brands, you’ll receive a $5 reward (choice of Fandango movie gift card or Virtual Visa card)
What ice cream brands qualify for rewards? Look for these delicious ice cream brands:
- Breyers 2-in-1’s
- Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Core
- Magnum Mini’s/Double Tubs
2. SNAP: Take a photo of your receipt and upload it to IceCreamRewards.com to receive your $5 reward
3. CHOOSE: Your $5 in rewards after uploading your receipt
One weekly winner will be chosen to receive a year’s supply of free ice cream from the brands you love!
Start By Choosing Your Ice Cream
To have an ice cream social and enter the Albertson’s Ice Cream Rewards, you need to choose the perfect ice cream flavors. Our Tom Thumb had a few of the participating ice cream brands and they were amazing!!! We tried the Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Core and Magnum Mini’s/Double Tubs.
Don’t forget to take a photo of your receipt and upload it to IceCreamRewards.com to receive your $5 reward.
Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Core is crazy good! You definitely want to have this at your ice cream social.
My personal favorite was the Magnum Mini’s Double Tubs. When you squeeze the tub, the chocolate cracks. It tastes just like the Magnum bars and so delicious!
Ice Cream Social Printables
You’ll want to print your Ice Cream Social Printable Collection and send out party invitations. My printable collection comes in pink and teal or red and teal. I chose red for this party and thought it turned out super cute! Either color you choose will match this cute cart. I found my rolling cart years ago at Ikea, but you can also find a cart here on Amazon.
Ice Cream Social Invitations
These cute Ice Cream Social invitations are editable, so you can personalize them before printing. Makes life so much easier!
The collection comes with signs and 2′ circle tags that I used on a plain red banner.
Personalized Printable Bookmarks
You can also personalize bookmark party favors from my collection. This is such a fun idea for a back to school social don’t you think?
This red and teal Ice Cream printable party collection is available for free to Living Locurto Fun Club Members. Members click here to login.
How Do You Make an Ice Cream Cone Balloon Backdrop?
My favorite part of this party decor is the Ice Cream Cone Balloon Backdrop! With a few packages of balloons, tape, kraft paper and scissors, you can have this on the wall in no time!
What you’ll need for a DIY Ice Cream Cone Balloon Backdrop:
- 1 package White Balloons
- 1 package Teal Balloons
- 1 package small Red Balloons
- Roll of kraft paper
- Glue dots or tape
- Optional – Colorful washi tape or tissue paper for sprinkles
NOTE: Give yourself at least an hour to make this backdrop.
Directions for an Ice Cream Cone Balloon Backdrop
- Cut a triangle cone out of the kraft paper about 14″ wide at the top and 18″ tall. Attach to the wall above your cart or table with tape or glue dots. Be sure to test the adhesive on your wall to make sure it doesn’t remove any paint.
- Blow up 15-20 white and teal balloons. Make them various sizes by not blowing the balloons up all the way.
- Start building your ice cream cone by attaching the largest teal balloons over the top of the cone. Stick smaller balloons on top of that layer.
- Next, add your white balloons.
- Top with a small red balloon for a cherry.
- Use washi tape or cut pieces of colorful paper or tissue paper to stick on white balloons to look like candy sprinkles.
- Use leftover balloons as decorations around the ice cream cart.
Good luck with back to school activities and don’t forget to visit your local Albertson’s store to stock up on yummy ice cream. I hope you got some creative inspiration for hosting your own ice cream social!
You might also like these Recipes and Party Ideas:
- Rolo Ice Cream with Free Printable Cone Wrappers
- Ice Cream Party Ideas – My Parents Magazine Feature
- Vampire Ice Cream Floats
- 20 Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes
Post sponsored by Mirum. Opinions are 100% my own.
Originally published on August 14, 2019. Last Updated on August 14, 2019 by Amy Locurto