This Beef Tenderloin Salad is a simple delicious beef, cranberry and pear healthy recipe idea for dinner or lunch!
You’ll love this amazing beef tenderloin salad recipe!
If you enjoy a great salad, you will want to make this Beef Tenderloin Salad Recipe! With a mix of cranberries and pears, topped with homemade honey mustard dressing, this sweet and tangy salad is addicting.
I was invited to attend a cooking event with local Dallas bloggers sponsored by The Texas Beef Council. Beef and bloggers? I was so in!
A big bonus was when Chef Richard Chamberlain from Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House came out for a cooking demonstration. He explained all about cooking beef and shared some recipes from his book, The Healthy Beef Cookbook.
I also enjoyed meeting Angela Lemond, from MommyDietitian.com, who spoke to us about healthy eating options for kids. My favorite advice she gave us was to take the fruit and vegetables out of the refrigerator crisper so they won’t be forgotten!
Move healthy foods to the shelves and put items like eggs and condiments in the crisper. Angela will be happy to know I spent Sunday cleaning out my fridge and now the eggs are in the crisper!
Angela also inspired me to get back to my weekly meal plans. YAY! So look for some new meal plans in the next few weeks.
After drooling over the food, and the chef, I promptly got my photo with Chef Richard!
Then we were sorted into teams to make fabulous beef recipes.
My favorite dish of the day was the Beef Tenderloin, Cranberry and Pear salad. It was so easy and delicious!
I had never made homemade honey mustard salad dressing before, and was pleasantly surprised at how simple it was to make.
I’m happy that I was given permission to share this Beef Tenderloin Salad recipe with you. I hope you enjoy this incredible salad!
How to make Beef Tenderloin Salad with Homemade Honey Mustard Dressing
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (approx. 4 oz. each)
- 1/2 tsp. coarse grind black pepper
- 1 package (5 oz.) mixed baby salad greens
- 1 medium red or green pear, cored, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 2-3 Tbsp. water
- 1-1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. coarse grind black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Season steaks with 1/2 tsp. pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, whisk Honey Mustard Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with pear wedges and dried cranberries.
Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt as desired. Divide steak slices evenly over salads. Top each salad evenly with dressing, pecans and goat cheese, if desired.
Beef Tenderloin Salad
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks cut 3/4 inch thick (approx. 4 oz. each)
- ½ teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 package 5 oz. mixed baby salad greens
- 1 medium red or green pear cored, cut into 16 wedges
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pecans toasted
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese optional
- Honey Mustard Dressing
- ½ cup prepared honey mustard
- 2-3 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. coarse grind black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Season beef tenderloin steaks with pepper.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Place steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Whisk Honey Mustard Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Divide salad greens evenly among 4 plates.
- Top with fresh pear wedges and dried cranberries.
- Carve steaks into thin slices.
- Add steak slices to salads.
- Top each salad evenly with dressing, pecans and goat cheese.
You might also like these recipes:
Here are more of my favorite salad recipe ideas:
- Southwest Chicken Quesadilla Salad
- 10 Perfect Pasta Salads for Summer
- Shrimp Avocado Salad with Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- Thai Beef Salad
This event was sponsored by The Texas Beef Council who gave me a nice goodie bag and lunch.