A simple and healthy Traditional Greek Salad recipe similar to what was served in Greece on our travels. This is a great healthy salad recipe idea for lunch or a side dish!
A fun twist on the usual Greek Salad!
One of my favorite salads is a fresh Greek Salad. On my trip to Greece this summer, I made it a point to try a “real” Greek Salad and Tzatziki Dip in just about every restaurant. To my amazement, the Greek Salads served in Greece are much different than what we make in the U.S.
Today, I’m happy to share a true Traditional Greek Salad recipe along with a few of my travel photos!
Greece Travel Photos
I seriously took hundreds of photos, and slowly but surely going through the best ones to post here. It was such an amazing trip!! If you want to see more photos now, you can scroll through my travel photos on Instagram here. Nothing is more beautiful than a Greek island!
The sunsets in Santorini are incredible!
Visiting the Acropolis in Athens was a surreal experience indeed!
Easy Greek Salad Recipe
Along with the beautiful scenery and history, came the Greek Salad! To our surprise, this salad came with no lettuce. Yep, that was a big shocker! You will find very little salad or ice in Greece. Something we as Americans can’t seem to get enough of back at home.
Even though this simple and delicious salad didn’t come with lettuce, it was often prepared in a stylish fashion. I copied one of my favorite presentations for you here.
I wish I had the gigantic Greek capers for this photo. They are triple the size of what we can get here at home and super delicious! But our tiny capers will have to do.
Enjoy a Traditional Greek Salad for lunch soon. It’s easy to make and healthy for you too!
Traditional Greek Salad
- 1 Tomato
- ½ cup Cucumber, sliced
- ⅓ Cup Feta Cheese
- 1 Tablespoons Capers
- 1 Tablespoons Kalamata Olives
- 1-2 Tablespoons of your favorite Italian Dressing - or a mix of Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
- 1-2 Pinchs of Salt and Pepper
- Slice the top off of the tomato to make it lie flat on the plate. Place it in the middle of a salad plate and slice it into wedges.
- Peel and slice the cucumber. Place it decoratively around the tomato.
- Add the olives and capers.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.