Cherry Jello Jigglers are a fun and easy party treat! Create a kid-friendly treat with gelatin, fruit juice and maraschino cherries. Add your favorite spirit for an adult Jello shot.
Anyway you serve this festive treat topped with a cherry will be a hit at your next party!
Fruit Juice Cherry Jello Jigglers
It’s time to bring the fun back into your cooking with this delightful Cherry Jello Jigglers recipe! This easy-to-make jiggly snack with a cherry on top is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face and turn an ordinary day into something really special.
Wanna know how it’s done? Just read on! Not only are these bite-sized snacks light and yummy, but they’re also incredibly versatile – let your creativity run wild as you think of all the different ways that you could serve them up. Let’s get our jiggle on!
What You’ll Need for Cherry Jello Jigglers
I made these cute Cherry Jello Jiggler treats last-minute for our Christmas party and they were a huge hit! This fun recipe would be perfect for any party or an after school treat.
- pomegranate juice
- pineapple juice
- white peach cranberry juice
- gelatin powder – For my Cherry Jello Jigglers, I used Knox gelatin and juice. You could use any flavor of Jello.
- maraschino cherries
- candy sprinkles
- Vodka (optional for an adult version)
Since I love my Star Silicone Molds, this finally gave me another chance to use them.
EASY HACK: To keep the jello from sticking to the mold, lightly spray it with cooking spray then rub the corners with a paper towel. You can’t taste the spray and this hack will make the jello pop out easy.
The bottom layer is Knox gelatin, pomegranate juice and pineapple juice. I let that layer cool in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes while I made the top layer with white peach cranberry peach juice cocktail and more Knox gelatin.
Cut the bottom off of the cherries and let them drain. When the bottom layer of the jigglers are cool, add the cherries and poured the top layer around them.
Add sprinkles before serving and listen to your guests oooh and ahhh over them!
Homemade Jello Shots
I laughed that pretty much every parent thought they were spiked and for the adults.
If you’re hosting a New Year’s Eve or birthday party, you could make fancy adult jello shots and serve with some glitter sprinkles!
Look for the adult version of these jello shots in the recipe card below.
These Cherry Jello Jigglers aka Jello Shots are one of my new favorite easy treats to serve at parties!
Fruit Juice Cherry Jello Jigglers
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 ¼ envelopes Knox gelatin 1/4 envelope equals about 1/2 teaspoon of gelatin powder
- 2 cups white peach cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 ½ envelopes Knox gelatin 1/2 envelope equals about 1 teaspoon of gelatin powder
- ½ cup maraschino cherries
- ¼ cup Candy sprinkles
- Spray a silicone mold with cooking oil. Wipe clean with a paper towel and place on a cookie sheet.
- Cut the bottom off each cherry so they will stand up straight. Put cherries on a paper towel to drain.
- For the bottom layer, pour juice in a saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak in for a few minutes. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Fill each mold cavity 1/3 full with the gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until fully set, 30 minutes to an hour.
- For the clear top layer, pour juice in a saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak in for a few minutes. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool 10-15 minutes.
- Remove molds from the refrigerator. Place a cherry in each mold. Using a spoon, carefully fill each mold to the top with the clear mixture. Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Add sprinkles before serving.
Originally published December 29, 2011 – Updated in 2022
You’ll love these Grinch Jello Shots too!