Cherry Jello Jigglers are a fun and easy party treat!
I hope you are having a fantastic Holiday and ready to ring in the New Year! My last-minute Christmas party was a lot of fun. I made the cutest Jello Jiggler treats that would be perfect for any party or an after school treat.
If you are on Pinterest like me, then you might have seen some fabulous Rainbow Jello Jigglers with colorful cherries. I wanted to make my own version and since I love my Wilton Star Silicone Molds, this finally gave me another chance to use them.
For my Cherry Jello Jigglers, I used Knox gelatin and juice. You could use any flavor of Jello.
To keep the treats from sticking to the mold, I lightly sprayed it with cooking spray then rubbed the corners with a paper towel. You can’t taste the spray and it made the jello pop out easy.
The bottom layer is Knox gelatin, pomegranate juice and pineapple juice. I let that layer cool in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes while I made the top layer with white peach cranberry peach juice cocktail and more Knox gelatin.
Cut the bottom off of the cherries and let them drain. When the bottom layer of the jigglers are cool, add the cherries and poured the top layer around them.
Add sprinkles before serving and listen to your guests oooh and ahhh over them!
I laughed that pretty much every parent thought they were spiked and for the adults. So if you’re having a New Year’s Eve party, you could make fancy jello shots and serve with some glitter sprinkles! I’ve got an adult version in the recipe below.
These Cherry Jello Jigglers aka Jello Shots are one of my new favorite easy treats to serve at parties!
Adapted from this recipe. I love the colorful cherries!
Fruit Juice Cherry Jello Jigglers
- 12-16 maraschino cherries
- Bottom layer:
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/4 envelopes Knox gelatin 1/4 envelope equals about 1/2 teaspoon of gelatin powder
- Clear Top Layer
- 2 cups white peach cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 1/2 envelopes Knox gelatin 1/2 envelope equals about 1 teaspoon of gelatin powder
- Candy sprinkles
- Spray a silicone mold with cooking oil. Wipe clean with a paper towel and place on a cookie sheet.
- Cut the bottom off each cherry so they will stand up straight. Put cherries on a paper towel to drain.
- For the bottom layer, pour juice in a saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak in for a few minutes. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Fill each mold cavity 1/3 full with the gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until fully set, 30 minutes to an hour.
- For the clear top layer, pour juice in a saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak in for a few minutes. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool 10-15 minutes.
- Remove molds from the refrigerator. Place a cherry in each mold. Using a spoon, carefully fill each mold to the top with the clear mixture. Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Add sprinkles before serving.
Enjoy even more Fun Food Holiday Party treats for Christmas!