Last updated on December 26th, 2017 at 12:26 pm
Keep kids entertained this holiday with these 40 Fun New Year’s Eve party ideas!
Family friendly New Year’s Eve Party Ideas for Kids!
Celebrating the new year is always a highlight in our house. A New Years Eve Party can be a wild fun time spent with family and friends or a quiet night at home snuggled up by a fire. We have done New Year’s Eve both ways and had a fantastic time. Since our kids love celebrating with a party, this year we will do just that. Kids love anything that makes noise, looks pretty, and tastes good, so throwing a party for them is easy. Enjoy these 40 New Year’s Eve party ideas, games and fun recipes to keep kids entertained while watching the count down and waiting for the ball to drop. Happy New Year!
New Year’s Eve Fun Food Ideas for Kids
Sweet and creative food will be a hit at a New Year’s Eve Party with Kids. Get your sweet tooth ready because this will be a yummy night to remember!
- Make your own cupcake bar with all kinds of fun toppings.
- Fill jar with ring pops to “ring in the new year”
- Make a “pop” drink with sparkling cider or with pop rocks and Sprite.
- Make a Cotton Candy Magic Mocktail – Just add Sprite to Cotton Candy!
Here are more fun ideas you might enjoy…
- Clock Countdown Quesadilla
- Cherry Jello Jigglers with Festive Sprinkles
- Easy Cotton Candy Ice Cream Cones
- Shot Glasses with Milk and Sprinkles
- New Years Eve Mocktails
- Cookie and Champagne Glass
- Ice Cream Cone Blowers
- Chocolate Cupcake Milkshake Shots
- Glowing Cotton Candy
- Glitter Sprinkle Marshmallow
- Cookie or Cupcake Clock Countdown
- Champagne Look Alike Cupcakes
New Year’s Eve Kids Activities and Games
It’s not a New Year’s Eve party without some fun kid friendly activities. We hope these ideas will help get your party on!
- Hang a mirror ball up and get a dance party started! We found one at Ikea that is super cute.
- Having a karaoke contest is sure to be a hit for guests of all ages!
- All girls LOVE to sparkle, so set up a “salon” where the can glam up for the night. Include glitter nail polish, glitter eye shadow, glitter lip gloss, and glitter hair spray!
- If you have a lot of really young kids who can’t make it to midnight, just grab a clock and change the time to 12:00 am and rock out any time of the night! They will never know the difference.
- Have all the kids write down their favorite memory of the year. Then put them in a “memory jar” and read them right before the hats go on and the horns start to blow. You could even make a game out of it and guess who wrote what memory!
Whatever you do just have fun and celebrate! Here are some more great activities to help you enjoy the night with kids…
- Free Printable New Year’s Eve Coloring Sheet
- Free Printable Photo Props
- 10 Creative Party Ideas for Glow Sticks
- New Year’s Eve Countdown Goodie Bags
- Photo Booth Props & New Year’s Eve Party Collection
- Homemade Party Poppers
- Confetti Balloons
- Glitter Playdough
- Party Hat Station
- DIY Noise Makers
- Glitter Filled Balloons
- Glow in the Dark Ring Toss
- Balloon Drop
- Printable New Year Reflections
- Homemade Body Glitter
- Hourly Balloon Pop
- Make Custom Printable New Years Eve Bingo Cards
- New Years Eve Time Capsule
- 25 Indoor Crafts and Activities for Kids