Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables is a perfect recipe for a quick low carb healthy family dinner! A one pan easy meal full of Italian flavors on your dinner table in 30-minutes or less.
Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables
I have become very much obsessed with sheet pan dinners! With only one pan to clean, you can’t go wrong with a sheet pan dinner. This recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables is a quick low carb dinner you can whip up in no time! If your kids are super picky like mine, serve the chicken sausages in buns or sliced up into pasta. Sweet Italian chicken sausage tastes really good and surprisingly my kids eat it. That’s a win!
I recently did a poll on my Instagram story about red bell peppers vs green bell peppers. Turns out most of you like red bell peppers best!
I did a Google search to see which color of bell pepper is best and found this…
“Red bell peppers boost your immune system due to high vitamin A, C and antioxidant properties, including beta carotene, which helps maintain healthy skin and vision. In fact, these mighty red vegetables contain 1.5 times more vitamin C, 8 times more vitamin A and 11 times more beta carotene than green bell peppers.”
So of course I had to pack this Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage dinner with lots of red bell peppers!
After eating my way through Austin this past weekend for a conference, I felt a little better about myself by cooking with a rainbow of vegetables. Yes, after coming home I always “pretend” to be healthy after stuffing my face with tacos and cookies on my trips. LOL
If you want to see what I was up to in Austin, visit my Instagram post here. There are several photos on my post that you can click through. And YES, that is Andrew Shue, Billy from Melrose Place! (swoon!) Does that guy ever age? I don’t think so!
Simple Sheet Pan Dinner Kitchen Hack
Besides cooking this sheet pan dinner with red bell peppers, I added red onion, yellow squash and broccoli. Most sheet pan dinner recipes call for you to toss your food with seasonings directly on the pan, but I like to toss them in a bag for less mess.
Here is my kitchen hack… use the grocery store bag that vegetables come in to coat your veggies with olive oil and seasonings. This way, you aren’t wasting a gallon zipper bag and would have probably thrown away that vegetable bag in the end anyway.
I really hope you enjoy this idea for Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables! I make this a lot and can’t believe I’m just now putting this recipe on my website. If you are looking for more Low Carb Recipes, check out my category for them here.
Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables
- 6 sweet Italian chicken sausage links
- 2 cups red bell peppers thickly chopped
- ½ cup red onion thickly chopped
- 1 cup yellow squash thickly chopped
- 1 cup broccoli spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- ½ teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Add bell peppers, red onions, squash and broccoli into a plastic bag.
- Add olive oil, seasoned salt, oregano, parsley and pepper into the bag. Seal and toss, coating the vegetables with seasoning.
- Spread the seasoned vegetables onto a greased baking sheet.
- Add sausages on the baking sheet and sprinkle everything with a dash of pepper.
- Place baking sheet into the oven and roast 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken sausages are cooked through completely.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve this easy sheet pan dinner.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below.
Get featured! Just take a picture and share on our Facebook Page for a chance to be bragged about in my newsletter! You can also tag @LivingLocurto and #LivingLocurto on Instagram.
Here are more great sheet pan recipes!
This sheet pan lemon basil salmon foil bake is a quick and easy dinner recipe. With only 5-10 minutes of prep time, this healthy meal is sure to please any salmon lover.
Enjoy some of my favorite sheet pan dinner recipes that you can pop into your oven for a fuss-free, delicious week night meal!