Last updated on January 31st, 2019 at 10:04 am
This sheet pan lemon basil salmon foil bake is a quick and easy dinner recipe. With only a few minutes of prep time, this healthy meal is sure to please any salmon lover.
Easy Sheet Pan Lemon Basil Salmon Foil Bake
Sheet pan Lemon Basil Salmon Foil Bake is perfect for the grill or oven. I’m starting my low carb diet again and made one of my favorite sheet pan lemon basil salmon recipes this weekend that I think you’ll love! Making sheet pan dinners is so easy and perfect for busy week nights.
Salmon is by far my favorite fish. I’m always looking for new ways to cook this flavorful low carb, healthy dish. friend Cate shared this recipe several years ago for one of my free weekly meal plan dinners. Ever since then, I’ve been hooked!
Originally published September 2014
Easy No Mess Sheet Pan Dinner!
This delicious baked salmon recipe is fast, easy and since you bake it in foil on a sheet pan, there is no pan to wash! Fresh basil, butter, lemon, asparagus and tomato are a great combination! Feel free to substitute the asparagus for your favorite green vegetable. I love that it only takes a few steps to make. You can assemble the foil packs ahead of time, then bake when you’re ready for dinner.
More Easy Low Carb Recipes For You
- Baked Chicken Greek Salad with Avocado
- Easy Grilled Salmon Burger
- Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon with Brussels Sprouts
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
Why You Should Eat Salmon
When you are feeling sluggish, salmon is the perfect brain food. It’s an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals, but it’s the omega-3 fatty acids that will give you the brain boost. These fatty acids are thought to contribute to healthy brain function, along with being good for your heart, joints and general wellbeing. Eating fish may reduce the risk of heart disease as well.
Easy Salmon Foil Bake How to Video
Watch the video below to see just how easy it is to make this Basil Lemon Salmon Foil Bake recipe!
Print the Lemon Basil Salmon Foil Bake Recipe
I hope you enjoy this delicious, simple sheet pan basil lemon salmon foil bake recipe! This is one of my go-to low carb recipes when I need something quick and easy.
Lemon Basil Salmon Foil Bake
- 2-4 Salmon Fillets
- 1/2 stick softened butter
- 3 tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 lemon sliced
- 3 Roma Tomatoes diced
- Fresh Asparagus
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven or grill to 375°
- Mix the chopped basil into the softened butter and set aside
- Lay out foil for holding individual Salmon fillets. Foil should be about 12-15 inches in length
- Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray
- Place salmon in the center of the foil, skin side down
- Put a spoonful of the basil butter mixture on top of salmon and press down slightly with a spoon along the top of the salmon and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place 1 lemon slice on top of each salmon fillet
- Add 4 asparagus stems to each packet (rub butter mixture on top of asparagus for extra flavor)
- Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of the tomatoes on top of lemon layer
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and grind fresh pepper over the top
- Pull top and bottom of foil up and roll down until it seals in the center. Fold over the sides several time toward the center to seal and form the foil packet.
- Place foil packets on a baking sheet or directly on grill and bake for 20 minutes.
- Open steaming packets carefully and transfer to plates.
You might also love these healthy recipes: