Delicious and easy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole recipe for a family dinner. A cheesy baked chicken casserole everyone will love.
Baked Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole
I don’t know about you, but fall brings out the comfort food in me! This simple Baked Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole recipe is a classic comfort food dish for my family.
As a kid, one of my favorite and ONLY recipes that included a vegetable was broccoli, cheese and rice casserole. My mom used to dice the broccoli so fine that I had no idea that what I was eating was actually good for me!
After spending a cold evening carving pumpkins or going door to door for Halloween candy, this new and improved baked Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole recipe from my childhood is the perfect healthy dish to pull out of the oven for a family dinner.
Originally Published on October 29, 2013
Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole is the perfect comfort food!
After going to the pumpkin patch, I made this Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole recipe for my family and they ate it all up!
To balance out the candy intake, I plan on serving this easy recipe again on Halloween night. At least I can try to sneak in a little vegetables before the candy. We’ll see if I can drag my kids away from their Halloween candy to eat it. If not, just more for me! Yum!
I love her toothless smile! Since I chopped up the broccoli so fine, she had no idea what she was eating.
UPDATE: My daughter is now 13 and LOVES broccoli!!! I owe it all to this Baked Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole. If your kids don’t like veggies, there is hope! I wish you luck:-)
Speaking of comfort food, you might also love our family tradition —> this amazing Breakfast Casserole recipe.
Easy Baked Chicken Casserole Recipe
Enjoy this simple to make baked Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole recipe! Topped with cheese and baked until bubbly, your family won’t be able to resist this dish.
Baked Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups cooked brown minute rice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can 98% Fat Free cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 ½ cups fresh broccoli, finely chopped frozen will work also
- 1 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a skillet, cook chicken in water. Remove, cool and shred.
- Heat oil in skillet, cook onion and garlic for a few minutes until tender.
- Add soup, sour cream and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add half of a soup can of water to mixture.
- Stir in chicken, cooked rice and broccoli to mixture.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan into a bowl.
- Melt a spoonful of butter and stir into the bread crumb mixture. Spread on top of casserole.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
What is your favorite cold weather comfort food?
You might also like these healthy recipes:
- Lemon Basil Salmon Foil Bake
- Ground Turkey Spinach Instant Pot Lasagna
- 10 Quick Recipes for Brussels Sprouts
- Healthy Crock Pot Taco Spaghetti Squash
- Chinese Beef Green Beans Stir Fry
Originally published on November 15, 2019. Last Updated on December 5, 2019 by Amy Locurto