Delicious and easy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole recipe for a family dinner. A cheesy baked chicken casserole everyone will love.
This casserole is a delicious dinner recipe that’s so simple to make. Just follow these simple steps, and you’ll have a delicious meal your whole family will love. Enjoy!
Baked Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole
When it comes to easy chicken recipes, this Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole is one of our family favorites. The cheesy rice dish is hearty, comforting and delicious!
This simple baked chicken casserole recipe is a classic comfort food dish for my family.
As a kid, one of my favorite and ONLY recipes that included a vegetable was broccoli, cheese and rice casserole. My mom used to dice the broccoli so fine that I had no idea that what I was eating was actually good for me!
This new and improved baked Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole recipe from my childhood is the perfect healthy dish to pull out of the oven for a family dinner.
Why You’ll Love Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- Making this casserole is easy to make and fun twist on a classic recipe.
- It’s an easy recipe idea for left over baked chicken.
- The combination of broccoli and cheddar cheese tastes so good.
- Kids eat healthier when you hide the broccoli among the other ingredients.
- Ingredients can be prepared ahead so dinner is fast to put on your table.
the perfect comfort food
After going to the pumpkin patch, I made this Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole recipe for my family and they ate it all up!
To balance out the candy intake, I plan on serving this easy recipe again on Halloween night. At least I can try to sneak in a little vegetables before the candy. We’ll see if I can drag my kids away from their Halloween candy to eat it. If not, just more for me! Yum!
I love her toothless smile! Since I chopped up the broccoli so fine, she had no idea what she was eating.
UPDATE: My daughter is now 16 and LOVES broccoli!!! I owe it all to this Baked Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole. If your kids don’t like veggies, there is hope! I wish you luck:-)
Speaking of comfort food, you might also love our family tradition —> this amazing Breakfast Casserole recipe.
Easy Baked Chicken And Rice Casserole
Enjoy this simple to make baked Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole recipe! Topped with cheese and baked until bubbly, your family won’t be able to resist this dish. Plus, it’s simple to make – perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Give this recipe a try soon!
Baked Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups cooked brown minute rice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can 98% Fat Free cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 ½ cups fresh broccoli, finely chopped frozen will work also
- 1 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a skillet, cook chicken in water. Remove, cool and shred.
- Heat oil in skillet, cook onion and garlic for a few minutes until tender.
- Add soup, sour cream and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add half of a soup can of water to mixture.
- Stir in chicken, cooked rice and broccoli to mixture.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan into a bowl.
- Melt a spoonful of butter and stir into the bread crumb mixture. Spread on top of casserole.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Originally Published on October 29, 2013
Amy, that is scrumptious-looking! I pinned it and am eager to give it a try.
I use a 9×13 pan.
What size casserole dish? 9×13 or 8×8?
Yum! Perfect dinner for a cool Fall evening.
This looks soooo good Amy! I pinned it and can’t wait to try it!
broccoli, cheese and rice = probably one of the best casserole combinations ever! haha. Love the pumpkin patch photos too!