This easy DIY Gnome Door Hanger wreath made with Dollar Tree supplies makes a cute spring or Easter wreath craft for your home.
DIY Spring Gnome Door Hanger Wreath
If you love easy Dollar Tree crafts, then you’ll love this adorable Gnome door hanger. Made with things you probably already have at home along with Dollar Tree supplies, it makes the cutest decoration for your front door!
Dollar Tree Easter Wreath Craft
During our crazy Texas winter storm, I was going a little stir crazy worrying about frozen pipes, our flooded laundry room and power outages. To ease my stress, I dug around my craft supplies and came up with this Gnome wreath idea. Didn’t this little guy turn out adorable?
DIY Gnome Door Hanger Spring Wreath
While the snow was coming down and Texas temperatures stayed below freezing, I was often looking out the windows at our backyard tree house. That’s when I decided it needed something cute and festive hanging on the door for spring and Easter.
With my Dollar Tree supply stash and anything else I could find from my house, I began making a Gnome! With a yellow and white check hat that I made from a cloth napkin and cardboard, he looks perfect on the turquoise door!
Cute Gnome Crafts & Recipes
I love gnomes so much! Check out my other gnome crafts and fun food recipes here:
Easy Gnome Wreath
When you are feeling crafty, add this easy DIY Gnome Door Hanger to your to-do list! It’s not only cute for Easter decor, but also makes the cutest Mother’s Day gifts.
What You’ll Need to Make a Gnome Door Hanger
You’ll only need a few supplies to make this adorable DIY door hanger shaped like a gnome. I hope you enjoy my video where I walk you through each step.
- Splatter Screen for a Frying Pan –> Click Here for the one I used which was 13″. You can also find these screens at the Dollar Tree. They will have a handle, but that’s fine because the Gnome hat will cover it up.
- Cloth Napkin –> Click Here for the Yellow and White Buffalo Check napkins that I used. You could make several door hangers and give them as Easter or Mother’s Day Gifts!
- Craft Fur –> Click Here for the kind of fur I used in the video. Whatever color of beard you choose for your Gnome will be cute! You can often find pieces of craft fur at the Dollar Tree or any craft store.
- Card Board Box – I cut the Gnome’s stocking cap out of a cardboard box. You can use a foam board or anything else that works.
- Pom Poms – I used large pom poms for the nose and also to decorate my Gnome’s hat.
- Faux Flowers – Spring flowers are especially cute on the Gnome’s hat for Easter!
- Pipe Cleaners – Attaching pipe cleaners to the back of your splatter screen makes it easy to hang your Gnome on the door.
- Hot Glue – This project takes a lot of hot glue. Make sure to have lots of glue sticks ready to go.
- Duck Tape – I used duck tape to secure the pipe cleaners onto the back of the screen.
DIY Gnome Door Hanger Wreath
- Cut a stocking cap shape from cardboard and hot glue the napkin to the board. Fold the bottom of the napkin up to look like the brim of a cap.
- Glue a few pieces of craft fur onto the splatter screen, trim and fluff
- Add the stocking cap onto the screen and fur with hot glue.
- Attach a pom pom to the fur for the nose and decorate your Gnome with flowers and ribbon.
- Add pipe cleaners to the back to hang your Gnome. Secure with duck tape if needed.
- Hang on your door and enjoy!
You might also love these cute Gnome Gifts!
Originally published on February 22, 2021. Last Updated on February 22, 2021 by Amy Locurto