How to make a Giant Gnome! Learn how to turn pajamas into a large gnome for the cutest birthday or Christmas gift! This gnome craft project is so cute and easy, you’ll want to make one for your holiday home decor too.
Easy DIY Giant Gnome
The holidays are coming up and you may be looking for a quick, easy DIY gift. If so, then my new Giant Gnome DIY gift idea is perfect for you!
This Giant Gnome is a take off of my DIY Gnomes candy and fuzzy socks gift from last year and is the perfect craft project for those of us who like to be creative. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Who wouldn’t like receiving a funny homemade gift made from pajamas and yummy snacks? Giant Gnomes are so easy to make, you’ll want to make a few for your holiday home decor as well.
Get your supplies ready, follow the steps below and in no time you’ll have an amazing gift to give for the holidays or a fun birthday surprise. Let’s get started!
How Do You Make a Giant Gnome?
Making giant gnomes are easier to make than you think. There is no sewing involved You’ll make this gnome with your favorite snack and pajamas. It’s no sew and so easy!
What you’ll need:
- A large snack container
- Pajama pants
- Craft cone or brown paper grocery sacks
- Craft fur
- Wood chip or wooden ball
- Hot Glue
- Rubber bands
Giant Gnome Supplies
What Can I Use to Make a Large Gnome?
To make a giant gnome, you’ll want to biggest container of snacks you can find!
I used a 35 oz Cheese Ball container. If you don’t want to give cheese balls, you could always take out the food, rinse the container and add whatever you wanted inside.
Here are some other ideas for snacks or large containers:
Money Saving Tips for Making a Giant Gnome
To save money on this DIY craft project, I came up with an alternative way to make the giant gnome gift without the craft cone. Often the larger craft cones can be hard to find and also expensive.
If you want to save money making several Giant Gnome DIY Gifts for the holidays, replace the craft cone with brown paper grocery sacks. I show you how to do this technique in my how-to video below.
This version takes more time, and the gnome hat will not be as sturdy as the craft cone, but it’s a great way to save money if you are making multiple Christmas gifts.
Giant Gnome – Easy DIY Gift
- Hot glue the craft cone onto the top of the snack container.
- Wrap one leg of the pajama pants around the bottom of the cone and place the waist band and other leg over the cone to make the gnome’s hat.
- Pull the pajamas down halfway over the container and secure with a rubber band. Hide the rubber band by rolling the waist band of the pajamas over the rubber band. Tuck any excess fabric or tags under the band.
- Tie the top of the hat (the bottom of the pants) into a knot.
- Place the craft fur under the waist band for the gnome beard. Trim the bottom with scissors to look like a beard.
- Attach the fur to the container with hot glue.
- Glue a wood chip or a wooden ball to the craft fur for the gnome nose.
- Enjoy giving your gift!