Better Than Sex Cake is one chocolate cake you won’t be able to resist! A delicious bundt cake filled with caramel and topped with chocolate sauce, Heath toffee bits and homemade whipped cream, will soon become one of your favorite desserts!
Better Than Sex Cake
If you’ve never tried a Better Than Sex Cake, then now is the time! A Better Than Sex Cake is basically a chocolate poke cake filled with caramel, topped with whipped cream and Heath candy bars.
Because of the gooey filling, I wasn’t sure if the cake would hold up and come out of the bundt pan at all. I’m happy to report, it came out perfect and was super easy to make!
Drizzled with chocolate sauce, more caramel and Heath bits, this is one chocolate cake you won’t be able to resist!
Top it with homemade whipped cream and you’ll understand where the cake’s name came from! ha!
Sinfully Good Better Than Sex Chocolate Cake
Sur La Table gave us cute gold bundt pans as gifts for the Living Locurto Retreat, so I made this cake for our team to use as practice for food styling and food photography. It was hard not digging into it right away!
How to make Chocolate Better than Sex Cake
This Better than Sex cake is super simple to make and turns out moist and so delicious!
You will make this with a Devil’s food chocolate cake mix and for the filling caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk. With the creamy filling and my secret ingredient of instant pudding, this cake is to die for.
More Delicious Chocolate Recipes:
Can You Make a Poke Cake in a Bundt Pan?
The photo below was taken right after I poked holes in the cake and poured the caramel goodness inside. After about 5 minutes, it all soaked into the cake.
I was worried a poke cake wouldn’t work in a bundt pan, but it came out perfect with my new 6 cup Nordic Wear Anniversary Gold Bundt pan from Sur La Table.
This is a smaller bundt pan than I usually use for my cakes and it’s the perfect size for a boxed cake mix.
My chocolate cake turned out gorgeous in this pretty pan. Find this bundt pan–> here.
For one of the easiest cakes you can make, this Chocolate Better Than Sex Cake is a winner for sure! You will soon become addicted to it.
I covered my cake with caramel and chocolate syrup. Then sprinkled with Heath bits. It looked amazing!
Adding whipped cream on top of your cake slices makes this dessert perfection. I hope you enjoy this amazing cake recipe!
Better Than Sex Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease all sides of your bundt pan well
- Beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and pudding mix in large bowl and pour into pan. Make sure there is enough room for the cake to rise. Fill pan about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then poke holes halfway into the cake with the end of a wooden spoon. Be careful not to poke holes all the way through the cake.
- Pour caramel syrup into the holes, let rest for a few minutes as it soaks into the cake.
- Pour condensed milk into the holes next.
- Let cool completely for about 5-10 minutes
- Place your cake platter upside down over the bottom of the cake pan and turn the pan over so the platter is now upright. The cake should gently slide out of the bundt pan onto the dish.
- Drizzle caramel and chocolate syrup over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle the top with Heath bits.
Homemade Whipped Cream
- Add a large mixing bowl into the freezer and chill for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove bowl and add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Use a hand-held mixer and mix on low speed and increase to medium-high until fluffy and peaks form.
- Slice cake and serve with a large spoonful of fresh whipped cream sprinkled with more Heath bits and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
You might also love these chocolate desserts!
More yummy recipes: