Softest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

A recipe for the BEST and softest chocolate chip cookies! LivingLocurto.com

I finally made the perfect chocolate chip cookie!!!

I have a friend who makes the fluffiest cookies that my husband goes nuts over. When I try to make them, they come out flat!

I have now figured out that it must be my oven, the cookie sheet, or the cookie fairy just does not like me! I’m good at making cakes, but not cookies! Well, no more… You must try this chocolate chip cookie recipe if you have ever had problems with cookies coming out flat. Believe me, you won’t be disappointed!

The Softest Chocolate Chip Cookies

• 2 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 small pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 pkg chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Directions:

1. Stir baking soda, flour and salt; set aside.
  2. Combine butter, sugars and pudding mix, beating until fluffy.
  3. Add vanilla and egg; beat until smooth.
  4. Add dry ingredients; mix well.
  5. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
  6. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes.

Download the FREE printable recipe here!

A recipe for the BEST and softest chocolate chip cookies! LivingLocurto.com

Living Locurto Facebook Page

About Amy Locurto

Amy is a creative mom of two and graphic designer. When she's not working on Living Locurto, she's busy designing Printable Party Supplies and working on I Heart Faces, her photography blog. Find Amy on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram.

Comments

1. What is pudding mix in the uk?

2. the directions say 1/2 pack of choc chips is that a 12 oz pack aore a 24 oz pack.

3. Jana Morrow Henderson says:

How many cookies does this make?

4. Karla Kurtz says:

These were sooo yummy!! Thank you!

5. I just made these and found the dough to be crumbly and dry and the cookies didn’t spread much when they baked…

• @Cathy,

Sorry about that! I think they are crumbly but mine always turn out really soft. All other cookies I make in my oven spread out to be too much and practically flat. I was never able to get the cookie to be fluffy and soft. I like how they don’t spread that much. I really do think it depends on a person’s oven also. Thanks for trying them!

6. I use chocolate pudding mix and it is AMAZING too!

7. I was wondering the same thing. Have you received an answer? Do we make the pudding or just dump the pudding mix straight from the box?

8. I once went on a quest to make the perfect cc cookie. I read that if you let the dough sit cover in the refrigerator for 12-36 hours the butter and flour react in a way that makes the cookies brown beautifully and the flavor deepens. I also heard cake flour makes the texture really nice. Love your blog! Keep up the great work!

9. sounds great! I’m going to try them this weekend

10. Ok, this may be a dumb question but, Do you just open the pudding mix up and dump it in or do you actually make the pudding and then add it? Also, how big of a box of pudding mix??

11. Don’t these Chocochips Cookies look divine? http://tinyurl.com/rdqqqm @LivingLocurto

12. Mmmm, since I love soft chocolate chip cookies, I do believe I will have to try making these soon RT @livinglocurto http://bit.ly/3myYhY

13. My kids & I will make these Softest Chocolate Chip Cookies today http://snipr.com/nf5e1

14. Cherith says:

These chocolate chip cookies are by far the BEST chocolate chip cookies i have ever made and I have made many different recipes! The secret really is the pudding! LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the recipe!!

15. My favorite cookie is one that I put together myself. I use the oatmeal raisin cookie recipe on the lid of the Quaker Oats box, omitting the raisins and cinnamon and adding dried cranberries and vanilla chips making cranberry oatmeal vanilla chip cookies.
    And oatmeal is healthy, right? So I totally eat these for breakfast (and snacks throughout the day!).

April @ Doggie Bloggie’s last blog post..Another Swap from Mamarazzi? Awesome!

16. i tweaked a classic chocolate chip recipe, and it turned out so good! http://andcookiesforall.blogspot.com/2009/05/clean-out-cupboard-cookies.html

i can’t wait to try your recipe. i bet the pudding makes it nice and moist. and those muffins… yum.

17. Tamara B. says:

I just love blueberry cheesecake swirl muffins

18. Emily T says:

I love lemon muffins but I am in a chocolate chip muffin mood. They just look REALLY good right now lol.

19. I am DEFINATLY trying these. My cookie recipe hasn’t been turning out too well lately and I’m awfuly disapointed. That cookie fairy must be skipping over my house. I’m printing your recipe right now!

I love blueberry muffins…or lemon cranberry…delish!!!

Mandi’s last blog post..Head to Kimba’s!

20. Your timing is impeccable! I’m putting together a cookie bar for my niece and nephew’s graduation and my chocolate chip cookies always turn out flat too. Thanks for the recipe!

21. I love most muffins— Banana nut is a favorite. Little Debbie’s cranberry orange muffin sounds good though. mmmmm!

22. The cookie recipe looks great! I can’t wait to try it. My favorite muffins are also chocolate chip. Thanks!

23. I love any muffin that has chocolate in them! :)

Lisa’s last blog post..I have found my calling!!

24. Yummmmmm!! I seriously have not found a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that don’t end up flat as pancakes. Yeah, my pancakes are not fluffy, either. Maybe it’s just me? Anyway, sending this to del.icio.us RIGHT NOW!!

keli’s last blog post..you capture :: feel

25. Jayme Q. says:

My toddler and I both love their blueberry muffins! We’ll have to try the chocolate ones soon, those look yummy! :)

26. Is there really anything better than a blueberry muffin???

Amy’s last blog post..Photoshop ‘How To’ – Warm Glow & Stretching Pictures for Headers

27. I really love Banana Nut Muffins!

Rebecca C’s last blog post..Giveaways 6/4

Trackbacks

1. […] The Softest Chocolate Chip Cookies […]

Hide me
Join now for Free Printables and fun ideas right to your inbox!
Name: Email:
Show me
Living Locurto is a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to products.