Easy lemon cookies recipe with homemade lemon frosting. Soft and fluffy lemon crinkle cake mix cookies!
Easy Lemon Cookies Recipe
Not only are these Lemon Cookies the best ever, but perfect to get you in the mood for spring and summer! Enjoy these delicious soft and fluffy cake mix lemon cookies recipe.
I love lemon! The bright yellow color, the fresh scent, and the tart taste. I pretty much love lemon any way you can use it, and a lemon dessert is definitely on the best of lists around here!
A squeeze or two of lemon can liven up many dishes and wake up your taste buds! If you already love lemon recipes like me, then you are going to want to try this amazing Lemon Cookies recipe. This is a quick and easy recipe idea made with a lemon cake mix. You’ll have the best lemon cookies in minutes!
You might also enjoy these Lemon Recipes:
- Sheet Pan Lemon Basil Salmon Foil Bake
- Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Homemade Lemon & Lavender Spray
- Whipped Lemon Trifle Recipe
- Easy Lemon Dip
- Lavender Hard Lemonade Cocktail
These Lemon Cookies are the perfect cake mix cookie!
One of the easiest ways to make super soft and fluffy cookies are with cake mix. I have several great cake mix cookies on the blog, but I think these Lemon cookies are my favorite to date!
Can you Make Lemon Cookies with Essential Oil?
Since starting to use pure organic essential oils, the lemon oil has been one of our favorites here at Living Locurto. It’s easy to use lemon oil in place of lemon extract.
Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of lemons. It’s great to add to water and now a favorite for me is mixing several drops with frosting!
Honestly, this lemon frosting is what makes these Lemon Cookies so amazing! You can always use lemon extract in this recipe, but if you use pure high-grade essential oils, we recommend you try it!
Lemon consists of 68 percent dlimonene, a powerful antioxidant. It is delightfully refreshing, especially in cookies! We hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe.
NOTE: If you are using essential oils in recipes, please make sure it’s high-grade pure organic oils that are approved for digesting. Otherwise, use lemon extract.
Lemon Cookies and Lemon Frosting Recipe
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 large lemon
- ½ tsp lemon extract (or 4-6 drops dietary lemon essential oil)
- ¼ cup lemon drops, crushed
- 1 cup confectioner's (powdered) sugar
- parchment paper
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp.
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 large lemon
- ¼ tsp lemon extract (or 3 drops dietary lemon essential oil)
- ¼ cup Yellow candy sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, oil, eggs, lemon juice from the lemon, extract or oil, and crushed lemon drops on medium speed until everything is all smooth and incorporated.
- With the dough, make balls a little smaller than a golf ball, and roll them in the powdered sugar. Place each dough ball on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. You want the cookies to just start to turn golden but not brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Whip the cream cheese until smooth, then add the powdered sugar and mix it all together.
- Add the vanilla, lemon juice from one lemon and extract or essential oil.
- Give it a taste and if you want it sweeter add more powdered sugar, if you want it a little more tart add more lemon juice.
- Wait for the cookies to completely cool then pipe on the icing.
- The easiest way to pipe it on is to put the icing in a Ziploc bag and snip a corner. Swirl it on top of each lemon cookie.
- Add yellow sprinkles or sprinkle a little of the crushed lemon drops on top!
Originally Published March 16, 2015 – Recipe contributed by Mandi
You might also like this LEMON CRACK!
More Delicious Lemon Recipes: