Last updated on April 18th, 2019 at 06:38 pm
These no bake healthy homemade chocolate protein bars are the perfect treat. They’re gluten free and packed with protein and calcium. All of the great taste you love without the guilt!
Healthy Homemade Chocolate Protein Bars
Have you ever tried making homemade chocolate protein bars? They are so good and no baking required! Seriously, I could eat the whole batch! It’s hard to believe that it’s already Back to School time! I love back to school ideas by some of my favorite bloggers and happy to feature them here on Living Locurto. You might not think of chocolate as a healthy back to school snack, but this recipe is just that!
I’m drooling over these No Bake Healthy Homemade Chocolate Protein Bars by Heidi from Parties for Pennies! A great homemade healthy school snack or quick breakfast and something moms will love too! Enjoy this delicious recipe.
Originally published August 20, 2014
How to make No Bake Healthy Chocolate Protein Bars
Hi Living Locurto friends! I’m Heidi, lover of champagne and watermelon bubblegum. I adore entertaining and throwing beautiful parties on a budget. Thanks so much to Amy for letting me share a fun little recipe with you.
These Healthy Homemade Chocolate Protein Bars are the perfect before or after school treat. No worrying about high-fructose corn syrup. They’re gluten free and almost vegan (just the chocolate chips). And bonus – they’re packed with protein! The only problem you may have is that they’re so delicious, you may want to hide them for your own treat stash.
Before we start with the recipe, here’s what you’ll need:
- Gluten Free Oatmeal
- Cashew Meal (Found mine at Trader Joe’s)
- Organic Maple Syrup
- Dark Chocolate Chips
Kitchen Supplies –
- 9×9 pan (glass or metal)
- Parchment paper
- Food Processor
- Small Roller
- Glass or Oven-Proof Bowl
- Stovetop Pan (that’s smaller than the glass/oven-proof bowl)
Watch how easy these Homemade Chocolate Protein Bars are to make!
Enjoy this Healthy Homemade Chocolate Protein Bars Recipe!
No Bake Chocolate Protein Bars
- In a food processor, mix the dates, walnuts, oatmeal and cashew meal until ground together.
- Add maple syrup, salt and mix until it forms a dough.
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the dough into the pan and smooth it out with a spatula or small rolling pin.
- Create a double boiler by bringing water to boil in a small pan and placing a heat-proof bowl that is slightly larger than the pan over it. Pour the chocolate chips into the bowl and stir until completely melted.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour over the cookie layer in the pan.Slightly shift the pan back and forth on the counter. This will help you achieve a smooth chocolate layer.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator or freezer until completely hardened.
- Remove the protein bars by pulling on the sides of the parchment paper. Cut into squares or bars and serve.
Not interested in making your own Protein Bars? Here are the best bars for every diet.
Check out these great Back to School ideas!
Heidi Rew shows you how to throw caviar-type parties on a hot dog budget through her blog, Parties for Pennies. She grew up the oldest of four kids, where her father was an elementary school teacher and her mom a stay-at-home parent. Having to pinch pennies growing up, helped to steer her creativity. Her background is as a radio personality in Atlanta, GA but her love for throwing fabulous Parties for Pennies established her as a professional blogger. Cultivating a community of party people, Heidi also contributes to Mohawk Flooring’s blog as well as featured on the nationally syndicated Better TV Show.
You’ll also like these Strawberry Cashew Oatmeal Bars!