Easy Red Velvet Cookies recipe stacked with cream cheese frosting to make a fluffy cake mix cookie cake. A simple dessert that makes a big impression!
Easy Red Velvet Cookies from a Cake Mix
I’m a firm believer that all red velvet cookies should come with cream cheese frosting. If you agree, you’ll be very happy with this easy recipe for Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies. They really do taste just like a red velvet cake, but much quicker and easier to make!
These easy cookies are not only easy to make, but look amazing on a party table. Remember the movie Divergent? I used these cookies for a movie themed party and they looked awesome. So much cuter than cupcakes and just as simple.
What is Red Velvet Cake?
Is it chocolate or vanilla? This staple of the south recipe is made from rich cocoa-flavored cake with a reddish color. It’s typically prepared as a layer cake with buttercream or cream cheese frosting. So why I wanted to layer my cookies.
Easy Cake Mix Cookies
Since I’m a little obsessed with making cake mix cookies, adding red velvet cake to my list of cookie recipes was a no brainer. Instead of making the cake from scratch, I preferred to made it quickly with a boxed cake. The flavor is still bursting with flavor and makes super fluffy cookies.
Other Cake Mix Cookie Recipes You Might Love:
How to make Red Velvet Stacked Cookie Cakes
I turned my cookies into cute stacked cookie cakes. You can make regular cookies with this recipe, or stack them. Depends on how much time you have. Stacking them makes for less cookies per person, so these stacked cookie cakes are good for a small group.
What You’ll Need:
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies (print the recipe below)
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Bark (optional)
You can make the cookies and frosting from scratch, or buy ready-made cookies and frosting from your grocery store. Either way, these make a big impression for something so simple!
All you need to do is stack three cookies with icing in between each one.
I added some dark chocolate bark to the top of mine. You could use any kind of chocolate or sprinkle chocolate shavings over the top.
Print the recipe below if you want to make these from scratch. They are so good!
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp.
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temp.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate Bark or Chocolate Candy Bar Optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil together.
- Roll cookie batter into 1 teaspoon sized balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Gently pat down the top of each cookie ball.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- After removing from oven, lightly sprinkle the top of the cookie with powdered sugar and let cool.
- Now make the frosting by whipping the cream cheese until smooth.
- Cut butter into pieces and add to mix.
- Then add the powdered sugar, vanilla and mix it all together.
- Give it a taste and if you want it sweeter add more powdered sugar.
- Add frosting to a bag and swirl it on top of a cookie.
Stacked Cookie Cake
- For a stacked cookie cake, repeat the previous step with two more cookies and top with a piece of dark chocolate.
How Do you Make A Red Velvet Cake?
I don’t have a cake recipe for you, but you’ll definitely love this delicious southern Homemade Red Velvet Cake recipe. Here is another amazing Red Velvet Cake recipe as well. Enjoy!
These are the bomb!
I love how the cookie stacks look like mini cakes, so cute!
Definitely easy but I especially love the idea of stacking them!
This is my kind of recipe! I adore red velvet recipes! So looking forward to making these tomorrow!
I have a weakness for red velvet! Can’t wait to make these.