My family loves the Divergent series and we can’t wait for the new film Allegiant. I’m excited to be working with Lionsgate to share some fun new Allegiant Party Ideas inspired by the movie! This was so much fun!!
The third installment of The Divergent Series: Allegiant hits theaters on March 18th. If you read the book, you know that Tris must escape with Four and go beyond the wall enclosing Chicago. Once outside, they discover shocking new truths and place called The Fringe full of bright red tones, hence my Red Velvet Stacked Cookie Cakes!
How good do these look? Believe me, they taste as good as they look, plus they are so easy to make!
The movie is full of gorgeous red tones with white (I love the Tris’s white dress) and dark gray colors that I incorporated into my party table.
Along with the recipe for Red Velvet Stacked Cookie Cakes, I designed free party printables to make your Allegiant Party table complete!
Since all Divergent fans love Tris and Four, I definitely wanted them to be a party of the table design. To make our favorite couple stand out, I scaled one of the movie posters down to a 4×6 printable sign along with some fun tags to use for cake toppers, party favors or gifts.
Which party favor would you take… Damaged or Pure?
To bring more red from The Fringe into your party, add some raspberries or strawberries to your table. I filled some mason jars with Sprite and topped with raspberries for a festive Fringe drink.
Download the Free Allegiant Party Printables
These simple Allegiant Party Printables are perfect for a movie watching party or Divergent themed birthday. Click a link below to download and print. Enjoy!
How to make Red Velvet Stacked Cookie Cakes
What You’ll Need:
- Red Velvet Cookies (recipe below)
- Chocolate Bark (optional)
You can make the cookies and frosting from scratch, or buy ready-made cookies and frosting from your grocery store. Either way, these make a big impression for something so simple!
All you need to do is stack three cookies with icing in between each one.
I added some dark chocolate bark to the top of mine. You could use any kind of chocolate or sprinkle chocolate shavings over the top. For the Allegiant party table, I decorated the top of my cookie cakes with a printable tag.
Print the recipe below if you want to make these from scratch. They are so good!
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temp.)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate Bark or Chocolate Candy Bar (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil together.
- Roll cookie batter into 1 teaspoon sized balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Gently pat down the top of each cookie ball.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- After removing from oven, lightly sprinkle the top of the cookie with powdered sugar and let cool.
- Now make the frosting by whipping the cream cheese until smooth.
- Cut butter into pieces and add to mix.
- Then add the powdered sugar, vanilla and mix it all together.
- Give it a taste and if you want it sweeter add more powdered sugar.
- Add frosting to a bag and swirl it on top of a cookie.
- Repeat with two more cookies and top with a piece of chocolate.
I hope you enjoy these party ideas and movie! Check out more movie details on the official The Divergent Series: Allegiant website. Go see it starting March 18th!
You might also like these Divergent party ideas:
This post was sponsored in partnership with Lionsgate. All opinions are our own.