Make a Turkey Vegetable Tray for Thanksgiving! These turkey veggie trays are a fun ideas for a Thanksgiving table or healthy fall party food.
Easy Turkey Vegetable Tray for Thanksgiving!
It’s never too early to start planning your Thanksgiving dinner! I came up with this Turkey Vegetable Tray fun food idea years ago at Thanksgiving after being inspired by some amazing creative veggie trays I found online.
We had Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt’s house, the one who makes the best homemade pickles, and I was in charge of appetizers.
Each year, my family serves sliced vegetables, pickles and olives. Instead of using the usual glass bowls, I grabbed a plate and started creating a turkey out of the vegetables. I think he turned out pretty cute!
I hope this Turkey veggie tray inspires you to do something creative with your family meal this Thanksgiving.
Appetizers and vegetables can be exciting if you just add a dash of creativity!
We love making this cute Turkey Vegetable Tray for Thanksgiving! It’s a great way to get both kids and adults to eat their veggies.
I had fun recreating it over the years. Here’s my most recent photo of this cute turkey!
Originally Published on October 1, 2012
Your Turkey Veggie Tray Photos
I love seeing your photos of my fun food recipes! Long time reader, Megan, wrote me such a nice note…
“Your beautiful turkey has become a Baum family tradition! Long time reader of your blog. I get so many wonderful ideas and inspiration from you. Keep crafting and making things cute and festive!” ~ Megan
I’m so happy Megan shared her veggie tray photos from the past 3 years! How cute did they turn out?
Thanks so much for making my year with your turkey vegetable tray photos Megan! I’m so happy to know that I help bring joy into other’s homes.
Now that’s something to be thankful about! Happy Thanksgiving!
How to make a simple Turkey Veggie Tray
Enjoy this easy creative recipe idea for Thanksgiving!
Turkey Vegetable Tray
- 1 dill pickle
- 1 whole carrot
- ½ cup sliced pickles
- ½ cup celery sticks
- ½ cup carrot sticks
- ½ cup radishes sliced
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup black olives
- ¼ cup green olives
- 1 sprig of celery
- Slice a carrot and pickle in half. Then cut one side to make a flat surface.
- Place the pickle on the bottom right corner of a large platter.
- Place the carrot on top of the pickle.
- Begin adding radishes, olives and tomatoes in bunches to form the Turkey's body.
- Add sliced pickles, celery and carrots for wings.
- Cut turkey feet from carrots and place onto plate.
- Add the celery sprig for more feathers.
- Cut an eye out of a black olive and place onto carrot.
- Cut a triangle out of a radish for the beak.
- Slice another radish for the Turkey's snood. (The red thing on the turkey's chin:-)
- Cover and refrigerate your Turkey veggie tray or serve right away.
more fun Vegetable tray ideas for Thanksgiving
You’ll love this Dill Dip and Scarecrow Vegetable Tray.
Check out the 10 Creative Vegetable Trays that inspired me to make this fun turkey vegetable tray!
Originally published on November 9, 2019. Last Updated on March 1, 2021 by Amy Locurto