Last updated on March 7th, 2018 at 11:01 am
Easy Low Carb Guacamole Chicken Enchiladas
A favorite recipe of mine are these Low Carb Guacamole Chicken Enchiladas. When you are looking for a healthy dinner recipe, these hit the spot! I haven’t made them in a long time, so when we finally got some spring like weather here in Texas, I whipped some up and invited friends to dine with us on our patio. After a long day of gardening and spring cleaning, these enchiladas hit the spot!
For a quick meal, I buy a cooked rotisserie chicken from our grocery store deli and ready made guacamole. Then all you have to do is shred the chicken and assemble your enchiladas! A delicious quick and easy dinner.
Make a few batches of this recipe and freeze one for later. This is a perfect meal for the family, entertaining guests or simple patio dinning!
I’m now craving this dish and spring weather again as we are iced in and have no school today! I hope you enjoy it.
How to make Quick and Easy Low Carb Guacamole Chicken Enchiladas
Low Carb Guacamole Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 28 oz can enchilada sauce or 2 (10 oz) cans
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 12-15 corn tortillas
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack Cheese grated
- 1/2 pound Cheddar Cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat oil in a saucepan for 2-3 minutes. Once oil is hot, fry tortillas one at a time for one minute each side, or until lightly brown. Remove and blot on paper towel.
- Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Add a large spoonful of guacamole and chicken into each tortilla. Roll up and arrange side by side in the casserole dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas. Make sure each is covered well.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes take foil off and bake for another five minutes.
Counting Carbs like me?
Here are the total carbohydrates in this Guacamole Chicken Enchiladas recipe:
- 1 Corn Tortilla: 12 g
- Canola Oil: 0 g
- Chicken Breasts: 0 g
- Wholly Guacamole Classic Guacamole: 16 g (per cup)
- Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce: 16 g (per cup)
- Monterey Cheese: .2 g (per slice or 1 oz)
- Cheddar Cheese: .4 g (per slice or 1 oz)
Roughly 12 g carbohydrates per enchilada depending on how you stuff them. Have a few with a side salad and enjoy!!
You might also like these Low Carb recipes:
With only 5 minutes of prep time and a pressure cooker, this easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork recipe is the best!
Get ready for the best 10 minute Sheet Pan Salmon dinner recipe ever! Sambal chili lime salmon with Brussels sprouts, broccoli and bell peppers is a quick and easy low carb dinner packed with flavor.