Easy Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps use only 7 ingredients and are a flavorful low carb, low calorie, dairy-free dinner or snack!
If you are looking for a delicious low-carb recipe, you will love these tacos made with lettuce instead of tortillas. Better yet, they’re dairy-free and absolutely healthy for you!
Easy Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
Are you looking for a delicious, healthy recipe that comes together quickly and easily? Then look no further! These Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps are an absolute must.
They’re light, flavorful, low carb and full of protein – perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen.
Easy Low Carb Recipe You’ll Love
Ground turkey is perfect for these easy turkey taco lettuce wraps. It is lower in calories than ground beef and when seasoned with taco seasoning, it tastes delicious!
Swap out a traditional tortilla for a leaf of lettuce to cut the carbs, but not the crunch.
Recently, I have been adjusting my diet to be more low carb, gluten-free and dairy-free. That is a big change and I thought this would be challenging, but I have really enjoyed creating new recipes that are healthy and light. This lettuce wrap taco is one of my favorites.
What Kind of Lettuce Do You Use For Tacos?
For turkey tacos, I recommend iceberg lettuce. It’s is the best choice because it provides the crunchy feel of a real corn taco shell without the added carbs. Plus the flavor is mild and won’t overpower the taste of the turkey meat mixture.
Are Lettuce Wraps Good for Weight Loss?
Lettuce wraps are a smart way to cut carbs and calories. Swap out the corn or flour tortilla for a crunchy leaf of lettuce and you’ll cut a lot of calories.
The good news is that you can eat more healthy veggies and high-protein meat. Of course, always check with your doctor because low-carb diets are not for everyone.
Is Dairy Free Cheese Healthier Than Dairy Cheese?
I love cheese, but for my turkey taco lettuce wrap recipe, I decided to try dairy-free cheese. It was delicious!
For this taco recipe, I used Daiya dairy-free shredded cheese. Dairy-free cheese is made from plant-based proteins and can be lower in fat. For lactose-intolerant people, dairy-free cheese is a great alternative when making this turkey taco recipe.
Ditch your boring go-to dinners and let’s get wrapping with these savory turkey taco lettuce wraps tonight!
How To Make Low Carb Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
- In a skillet: Add the ground turkey and cook until it’s brown.
- Add the ingredients: Stir taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, corn and olives with the turkey and let simmer for a few minutes until ready to serve. Add more taco seasoning to taste.
- Assemble Tacos: Place pieces of iceberg lettuce onto a platter, top each piece with a large spoonful of turkey taco mixture and sprinkle with dairy free cheese.
- Eat: Serve immediately and enjoy!
Print the recipe below and let me know what you think!
Easy Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb Lean ground turkey
- 1 Tablespoon Taco seasoning
- 10 oz Can diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 cup fresh cut corn (2 ears of corn)
- ¼ cup sliced olives black or kalamata
- ½ head iceberg lettuce cut in half
- ¼ cup dairy free cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, add the ground turkey and cook until it’s brown.
- Stir taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, corn and olives with the turkey and let simmer for a few minutes until ready to serve.
- Add more taco seasoning to taste.
- Place pieces of iceberg lettuce onto a platter, top each piece with a large spoonful turkey taco mixture and sprinkle with dairy free cheese.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!