Last updated on January 26th, 2018 at 05:38 pm
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious family dinner, this Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken and Cornbread recipe is definitely worth trying!
I enjoy using my free weekly meal plans for quick dinner ideas and loving the slow cooker recipes on the list. This chicken recipe is adapted from week 7 in the meal plans.
I’m not a big barbecue chicken fan, but this blend of vegetables and chicken with the cornbread is rather addicting. Because it’s such an easy recipe, that makes me like it even more!
Serve the barbecue chicken and cornbread with a salad for a fast and easy comforting meal. The chicken turns out very moist and it’s hard to stop eating. Enjoy this recipe!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Dice chicken into bite size pieces and place in the slow cooker.
- Top with the corn, diced onion, sweet potato and barbecue sauce. Toss together until chicken is coated.
- Add the water, a dash of salt and pepper then stir.
- Prepare Jiffy cornbread mix as directed on box and spread over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Cook for 6 hours on low.
- When cooked, remove the cornbread in sections and serve on top of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe adapted from $5 Dinners.