This easy slow cooker chicken is a delicious family dinner. Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken recipe with corn, sweet potatoes, barbecue sauce and cornbread make a flavorful combination!
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipe
I love easy chicken recipes and this Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken is certainly one of our family’s favorite dishes. If you’re looking for an easy and delicious family dinner, this slow cooker chicken recipe is definitely worth trying!
As a busy mom, I enjoy using my free weekly meal plans for quick dinner ideas. I’m definitely loving the slow cooker recipes on the list. This simple chicken recipe is adapted from week 7 in the meal plans. I’m always looking for a new idea for my Crock Pot and this chicken hits the spot!
Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken is a simple weeknight meal!
I’m not a big barbecue chicken fan, but this blend of vegetables and chicken with the cornbread is rather addicting. Because it’s such an easy recipe, that makes me like it even more!
Serve this simple Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken and cornbread with a salad for a fast and easy comforting meal. The chicken turns out very moist and it’s hard to stop eating. Even my kids like it! That’s kind of a miracle these days. ha!
Do you have to use sweet potatoes?
This recipe calls for sweet potatoes, but you certainly can switch them out with any other type of potato. I like sweet potatoes best as they are not only healthy, but compliment the sweetness of the barbecue flavor.
I’m always looking for ways to hide healthy sweet potatoes into my meals for the kids. They are full of vitamins, but if I told my kids I was cooking them, there is no way they would eat a sweet potato! This recipe certainly does the trick if you mash the potatoes. Your kids will never know!
More easy chicken recipes you might like:
Speaking of easy chicken recipes, here are some of my favorites that you might like to try as well.
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Best Baked Chicken Nachos
- Honey Lime Baked Chicken Breasts
Delicious Slow Cooker Chicken
Get out your slow cooker and enjoy making this easy Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken recipe!
Originally published January 23, 2014
Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and place in the slow cooker.
- Top with the corn, diced onion, sweet potato and barbecue sauce. Toss together until chicken is coated.
- Add the water, a dash of salt and pepper then stir.
- Prepare Jiffy cornbread mix as directed on box and spread over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Cook for 6 hours on low.
- When cooked, remove the cornbread in sections and serve on top of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe adapted from $5 Dinners.
Originally published on May 12, 2019. Last Updated on August 15, 2019 by Amy Locurto