Easy Honey Lime Chicken is the perfect low carb dinner recipe for cooking baked chicken breasts.
If you make this chicken, you’re guaranteed to enjoy a delicious dinner in less than 30 minutes. Bonus, it’s a flavorful lean and green, low carb meal the whole family will love!
Easy Honey Lime Chicken
I have finally made one of the BEST baked chicken recipes!! This honey lime chicken recipe is SO EASY, super juicy and even so good that my picky son loved them. WINNING! I’m happy to get back into a routine of cooking family meals.
With so many of my kid’s activities at night, I needed another quick and easy baked chicken recipe that would be done in 30 minutes or less.
These honey lime chicken breasts turned out so perfect and will definitely be on my meal plan list from now on.
I’m not joking… add this simple baked chicken recipe to your week and you’ll see what I’m talking about!
While the chicken is baking, you can make rice and steam vegetables for the perfect week night meal. I also think these flavorful honey lime chicken breast would be perfect for sandwiches or salads as well.
How do you make baked chicken soft and juicy?
There are several key factors to making these Honey Lime Chicken Breasts so flavorful and juicy.
When I’m in a hurry I will often cook chicken breasts in a skillet on the stove, but often that makes my chicken a little tough or dry especially if I accidentally over cook it!
With this simple baked chicken recipe, you’ll never have that problem. The meat comes out of the oven super moist and easy to slice.
Look at how delicious this baked chicken looks after slicing into it!
I love the sweet, sour and savory flavors mixed together. Think I will add some crushed red pepper to give it more of a kick next time. I’m really addicted to this easy low carb baked chicken recipe and bet you will be also!
More easy baked chicken recipes to try
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Strips
- Crispy Baked Chicken Pesto Rolls
- Sheet Pan Baked Chicken Sausage
- Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
TENDER BAKED CHICKEN COOKING TIPS
Just follow this simple recipe tip to have no more dry chicken and a gorgeous flavorful meal in minutes!
How Do You Make Baked Chicken Brown?
Brown the chicken for a few minutes on each side in a skillet before placing into the oven. This gives your chicken a beautiful caramelized look and helps enhance the flavor during baking.
Searing your meat will also kill off any unwanted bacteria sitting on the surface.
What is the best dish to bake chicken in the oven?
If you don’t have any kind of dish that is both stove top and oven safe, use a regular skillet then transfer the chicken breasts into your favorite baking dish for the oven.
Of course, you don’t need to brown your meat before baking, but I really love how much more appetizing it looks and the depth of flavor is a bonus!
What temperature should chicken be cooked to in the oven?
For this chicken recipe the oven should be at 425 degrees.
How long does it take to bake chicken?
Bake chicken in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Your meat thermometer should read 165°. If your dish is not oven safe, you can place chicken into a casserole baking dish before putting in the oven.
How To Make Flavorful Honey Lime Chicken
Enjoy this amazingly easy honey lime baked chicken breasts recipe. If you make it, snap a photo and share on my Facebook page or tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #LivingLocurto. I’d love to see!!!
Honey Lime Chicken (Low Carb)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil if you prefer
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ tablespoon gluten-free or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 4 lime slices
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Add olive oil, garlic, honey, lime juice, soy sauce, salt, pepper and chicken breasts to a large zipper bag or bowl and toss together.
- Lightly coat a baking dish or skillet that is oven and stovetop safe with oil and place the chicken breasts into the dish.
- Brown the chicken breasts over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and add a large spoonful of marinade over each chicken breast.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until cooked all the way through (meat thermometer should read 165°). If your dish is not oven safe, place chicken into a casserole baking dish before putting in the oven.
- Remove from oven, top each chicken breast with lime wedges and parsley.
- Cover the dish with foil for 5 minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below.
Get featured! Just take a picture and share on our Facebook Page for a chance to be bragged about in my newsletter! You can also follow Amy on Instagram and tag #LivingLocurto in your photo description.
Originally published on August 16, 2018 – Updated April 2022
More easy baked dinner recipes:
- Sheet Pan Salmon Foil Bake
- Tuna Noodle Baked Casserole
- Easy Baked Zucchini
- Baked Turkey Meatballs
- Vegetarian Baked Taquitos
- Chicken-Alfredo Baked Penne