Last updated on February 16th, 2019 at 01:07 pm
These amazingly easy Honey Lime Baked Chicken Breasts are so moist and juicy! If you make this recipe, you’re guaranteed to enjoy a delicious dinner in less than 30 minutes. Bonus, it’s a flavorful low carb meal the whole family will love!
Easy Honey Lime Baked Chicken Breasts
I have finally made one of the BEST baked chicken recipes!! These honey lime baked chicken breasts are SO EASY, super juicy and even so good my picky son loved them. WINNING! With school back in session, I’m happy to get back into a routine of cooking family meals. With so many of my kid’s activities at night, I needed another quick and easy baked chicken recipe that would be done in 30 minutes or less. These honey lime baked chicken breasts turned out so perfect and will definitely be on my meal plan list from now on.
I’m not joking… add this simple baked chicken recipe to your week and you’ll see what I’m talking about! While the chicken is baking, you can make rice and steam vegetables for the perfect week night meal. I also think these flavorful honey lime chicken breast would be perfect for sandwiches or salads as well.
How To Make Flavorful Baked Chicken Breasts
There are several key factors to making these Honey Lime Chicken Breasts so flavorful and juicy. When I’m in a hurry I will often cook chicken breasts in a skillet on the stove, but often that makes my chicken a little tough or dry especially if I accidentally over cook it! With this simple baked chicken recipe, you’ll never have that problem. The meat comes out of the oven super moist and easy to slice.
Tender Baked Chicken Breasts Cooking Tip
Just follow this simple recipe tip to have no more dry chicken and a gorgeous flavorful meal in minutes!
Brown the chicken for a few minutes on each side in a skillet before placing into the oven. This gives your chicken a beautiful caramelized look and helps enhance the flavor during baking. Searing your meat will also kill off any unwanted bacteria sitting on the surface.
I like to use a cast iron skillet. If you don’t have one, use any kind of oven safe pan that will work for your stove top as well. If you don’t have any kind of dish that is both stove top and oven safe, use a regular skillet then transfer the chicken breasts into your favorite baking dish for the oven. Of course, you don’t need to brown your meat before baking, but I really love how much more appetizing it looks and the depth of flavor is a bonus!
More easy baked chicken recipes to try:
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Strips
- Crispy Baked Chicken Pesto Rolls
- Sheet Pan Baked Chicken Sausage
- Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
Look at how delicious this baked chicken looks after slicing into it! I love the sweet, sour and savory flavors mixed together. Think I will add some crushed red pepper to give it more of a kick next time. I’m really addicted to this easy low carb baked chicken recipe and bet you will be also!
How To Make Flavorful Honey Lime Baked Chicken Breasts
Enjoy this amazingly easy honey lime baked chicken breasts recipe. If you make it, snap a photo and share on my Facebook page or tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #LivingLocurto. I’d love to see!!!
Honey Lime Baked Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil if you prefer
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 4 lime slices
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Add olive oil, garlic, honey, lime juice, soy sauce, salt, pepper and chicken breasts to a large zipper bag or bowl and toss together.
- Lightly coat a baking dish or skillet that is oven and stovetop safe with oil and place the chicken breasts into the dish.
- Brown the chicken breasts over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and add a large spoonful of marinade over each chicken breast.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until cooked all the way through (meat thermometer should read 165°). If your dish is not oven safe, place chicken into a casserole baking dish before putting in the oven.
- Remove from oven, top each chicken breast with lime wedges and parsley.
- Cover the dish with foil for 5 minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below.
Get featured! Just take a picture and share on our Facebook Page for a chance to be bragged about in my newsletter! You can also follow Amy on Instagram and tag #LivingLocurto in your photo description.
More awesome recipes you might enjoy!
More easy baked dinner recipes: