An easy crispy oven baked chicken recipe! Only 10 minutes of prep time for healthy oven fried chicken. Kids will absolutely love these easy homemade chicken nuggets or strips made with a crispy cereal coating.
Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets & Strips
Getting stumped for dinner ideas? With just a few ingredients, this simple crispy oven baked chicken recipe hits the spot!
I love experimenting with chicken recipes! From baked chicken rolls, chicken enchiladas, and Instant Pot lemon garlic chicken, I can’t decide which would be my favorite recipe. This is definitely one of my top picks.
My family loves all kinds of chicken recipes, but this crispy oven baked chicken is always their favorite.
This is a classic oven fried chicken recipe and perfect for picky eaters, which describes my kids to a tee! Skip going out for chicken nuggets and make this healthy homemade version.
Best Oven Fried Chicken with Cereal
I started making this recipe for oven fried chicken nuggets for my son way back when he was in kindergarten. He would only eat chicken nuggets and hot dogs back then, so I had to try something healthier than fast food nuggets. I was thrilled when he was happy eating my homemade chicken nuggets version using one of my favorite cereals, Corn Chex.
Make your family happy too with this quick and easy chicken recipe. If you have picky kids like me, believe me, you’ll love this one!
Kids will love if you make chicken nuggets or strips for dipping. Serve this crispy fried chicken with your favorite vegetables and homemade sweet potato chips.
More delicious chicken recipes to try:
- Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
- Baked Chicken Greek Salad
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Greek Chicken Pasta
- Cheesy Chicken Muffins
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken and Cornbread
- Baked Chicken Pesto Rolls
- Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
How to make Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Nuggets
Only 10 minutes of prep time for healthy oven baked chicken! Cut the chicken breasts into nuggets for kids or longer strips for dipping. It’s one of my favorite easy recipes. I hope your family likes it as much as mine.
Here’s the ingredient list you’ll need. This is a gluten-free recipe, which is an added bonus if you are on a special diet. Scroll down below to print the recipe instructions.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Corn Chex cereal
- Parmesan cheese
- seasoned salt
- garlic powder
- low fat milk
Crispy oven baked chicken nuggets and strips are a family favorite!
Get ready to blow your taste buds away with this sassy, oven-baked chicken recipe that’ll become your new BFF! With merely 10 minutes of prep, you’ll be cooking up healthy, golden noms in no time. Oh, and did we mention? Kids go bonkers for these crispy, finger-lickin’ chicken strips!
Crispy Oven Baked Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size nuggets or strips
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal crushed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with oil.
- Place Cereal, Parmesan, salt, garlic powder, and paprika into a gallon zip lock bag.
- Mix milk and butter into a small bowl.
- Dip half of the chicken into the milk and butter
- Put chicken into the bag and shake it to coat all of the chicken. (Make sure to seal the bag!)
- Place chicken on baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, turning chicken over halfway through.
- Serve Crispy Oven Baked Chicken with your favorite dipping sauce.
What is your go-to recipe for family dinners?
Don’t miss out on my free weekly meal plans for more great recipe ideas!
Originally Published November 18, 2013 – Updated 2023
You might also enjoy these amazing chicken recipes: