Easy pumpkin dump cake recipe topped with chocolate chips and drizzled with caramel. A great alternative to pumpkin pie, similar to a crispy cobbler!
Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake with Chocolate Topping
Fall is definitely the season for pumpkin desserts. I am not a pumpkin dessert fan unless it contains chocolate. But this easy pumpkin dump cake recipe might be one of my favorite creations yet!
It’s crunchy and sweet with the perfect amount of pumpkin spice. You’ll want to make it all year round!
You could call this a homemade pumpkin cobbler recipe or dump cake. I’m used to calling desserts with a crispy topping cobbler, but apparently dump cake is a thing in most parts of the country. So dump cake it is!
When it comes to simple pumpkin desserts, this is a perfect treat to get you in the mood for fall. You can bet this will make a delicious addition to a Thanksgiving dinner line up of desserts!
Easy Chocolate Pumpkin Dessert Recipe
I actually created this recipe back in 2014 and excited to give it an update. When baking this easy dump cake, you can assemble it in a 13×9 baking pan or individual mason jars. This is a tasty alternative to the usual pumpkin pie!
You can bake the desserts directly in canning jars or scoop it out from a large pan into individual jars if you don’t feel comfortable baking the jars in the oven.
You’ll Also Love These Other EASY Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cinnamon Rolls
- Smoked Gouda Pumpkin Dip
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Trifle
- Bacon Goat Cheese Pumpkin Dip
- 35 Amazing Chocolate Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Caramel Cheesecake Mousse
How do you bake dump cake in jars?
Use cooking spray oil to cover the inside of the canning jars. Preheat the oven to the temperature as directed in the recipe below.
Fill jars a fourth of the way with batter, add the topping until the jar is half full.
Place multiple jars onto a baking sheet. Set the timer for 15 minutes less than the pan instructions below.
Rotate the baking sheet halfway through the bake time so that the dump cakes will come out evenly baked.
After the cake has completely cooled, add the lids with the free printable labels (see link below).
Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How to Serve Pumpkin Dump Cake
After baking your pumpkin dump cake, serve it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzled with caramel and mini chocolate chips!
I promise you, this will be a hit at any holiday party or Thanksgiving dinner. It’s not only a super easy dessert to make, but oh so delicious!
Free Printable Jar Labels
Small mason jars make an adorable holiday party dessert presentation! I liked making them in small jars so much that I designed a free printable tag to use for a gifts.
Jars of this pumpkin dump cake that I like to call cobbler on the printable labels would be so cute to serve at a party!
Download the dessert jar tags here—> Get the Free Printable Jar Labels for your Pumpkin Dump Cake
© 2019 LivingLocurto.com
Pumpkin Dump Cake with Chocolate
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp All Spice
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 cups yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1.5 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix pumpkin, sugar, milk and spices in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the bottom of pan with 1 cup of crushed gingersnap cookies.
- Drizzle caramel over the cookies.
- Pour the pumpkin mix over the caramel and cookies.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with pecans and the rest of the gingersnap cookies
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until top is golden brown.
- Immediately after removing from oven, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Drizzle caramel over the top and let stand for 10 more minutes before serving.
Originally published on September 28, 2014