Learn about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, a Disney World after hours event at Magic Kingdom in Orlando. Read our after hours party review, plus get all the information you will need to have the best night to celebrate the holidays at Disney World!
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Review And Guide
Disney Parks has announced the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will return on select nights in November and December 2022.
We attended the 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours party (which is basically the same thing as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party) and had a total blast! We always love spending the holidays at Disney. Aside from it being very cold, the night was amazing!
Here’s our review and all the 2022 updated details below if you decide to celebrate Christmas at Disney World.
Updated June 26, 2022
When is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party happens on select nights November 8 through December 22, 2022. This is a private event from 7 pm to midnight at Magic Kingdom with a limited amount of people allowed to attend.
How Much Does Disney Very Merriest After Hours Cost?
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets range from $149 to $199 plus tax for select November-December nights. You do not have to purchase an additional park ticket to enter. You’ll only need the after hours ticket for this special event.
–> CLICK HERE to save up to $10 on Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Ticket!
When Will Tickets to Disney’s Very Merry Christmas Party Go on Sale?
Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can purchase tickets beginning June 30, 2022. All other Guests may purchase tickets beginning on July 7, 2022.
Below are the 2022 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party available dates as of now.
- November: 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 27, 29
- December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22
What’s New at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party in 2022?
- First of all, the prices went down from last year! That’s great news.
- In honor of the 50th Anniversary celebration, party attendees will find three new photo locations.
- Guests will also receive a special 50th Anniversary commemorative holiday themed keepsake.
- More rides will be holiday themed. See that information below.
- There will be more dance parties and character meet and greets.
When should you arrive to the Very Merry Christmas Party?
The private holiday event begins at 7pm, but you can enter the park at 4pm. Wrist bands will be provided at the gate.
Important Note: The lines will be long at the gate to enter the park at 4 pm. Be sure to arrive by at least 3:30-3:45 pm if you want to be in the park by 4 pm. Have your ticket bar code pulled up on your phone and ready to be scanned. I recommend opening your email with the ticket and barcode on your phone and taking a screen shot of each one. Save the screen shots in a photo album to make them easy to find.
What Food and Drinks are Included in the Very Merriest Christmas Party?
Your ticket will include several complimentary snacks. Look for snack carts around the park where you can grab and go bottled water, soft drinks, popcorn and Mickey ice cream treats. You’ll also get hot cocoa and cookies!
Where to Get Hot Cocoa & Cookies
Our favorite part of the night last year was walking to the counter of specific restaurants to get Hot Cocoa and THE BEST ever Snickerdoodle Cookies.
Look for the giant light-up candy cane sticks to find them. You won’t wan to miss these treats!
Here are the four locations to enjoy cookies and cocoa*:
- Frontierland – Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
- Liberty Square – Columbia Harbour House
- Fantasy Land – Pinocchio Village Haus
- Tomorrowland – Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
* Snack locations could change for 2022 – More details from Disney will be announced soon!
Before you go on your trip, make our Mickey & Minnie Christmas Cookies to celebrate!
What Attractions Will Be Holiday Themed?
You won’t want to miss the special holiday themed attractions.
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor – This is so cute and a must see! Roz will greet you with extra cheer in her ugly Christmas sweater and there will be holiday jokes to make it extra festive!
- Jungle Cruise – This ride is decked out for the Holidays! The names of the boats are especially creative along with Christmas lights and other cute surprises along your cruise.
- New for 2022 – Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway and Mad Tea Party rides will also get a holiday make-over!
What is the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Entertainment?
There is a lot of fun holiday themed entertainment throughout Magic Kingdom for this special event.
Check back soon for more 2022 Christmas party entertainment times.
Minnies Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show
This fireworks show was AMAZING! Set your phone alarm so you won’t miss it! You’ll want to be in front of the castle or on Main Street for the best view!
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
The parade begins in Frontierland and ends on Main Street. There will be two parade times.
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
There will be several shows with Mickey and his pals in front of the castle throughout the evening.
A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
Dance the night away in Tomorrowland! There’s a complimentary snack stand, restrooms and Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company next to the stage. This makes a great pit stop!
Disney Junior Jingle Jam
Kids of all ages can join a dance celebration at Storybook Circus with Disney Junior characters.
Where is the Best Holiday Disney Merch?
After shopping at various parks, Disney Springs and several resorts, the best Holiday items were at theEmporium on Main Street in Magic Kingdom.
Hard to Find Disney Christmas Minnie Ears
If you’re looking for 2022 Christmas Minnie Ears, get them early in the night at Emporium.
Last year, I got the new Holiday Wreath Minnie Ears and they were almost gone by the time we got to the park. I looked all over Hollywood Studios the day before and couldn’t find them there. All Holiday merchandise can also be found at World of Disney in Disney Springs.
Other places to get holiday themed Disney items:
- Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square is full of great holiday themed merchandise too.
- Star Traders in Tomorrowland has Star Wars Holiday themed merchandise.
- Main Street Confectionery will have holiday themed treats.
Holiday Character Sightings
We enjoyed seeing Disney characters around the park dressed in their holiday best! Grab a map and look for the black Mickey head map icon which shows you where to find the characters.
Some of the characters we saw while at the after hours event:
- Look for Captain Hook and Mr. Smee near the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
- We loved seeing Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum by the Mad Tea Party ride.
- Meet Cinderella, Elena, Rapunzel and Tiana at the Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasy Land.
What are the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Ride Wait Times?
The best part of going to a Disney after hours Christmas Party event is there are practically NO WAIT TIMES on any ride. We walked right onto many rides. Expect at least a 5-15 minute wait on most attractions.
Which Rides Will Have the Longest Wait Times?
The longest wait times will be for the Jungle Cruise (because it’s a special holiday themed ride) and of course Peter Pan which is always a long line no matter what.
While we were there, the Jungle Cruise was a 25 minute wait and the Peter Pan ride was a consistent 40 minute wait the entire night.
What Attractions are Open at Disney’s Very Merriest Christmas Party?
If you’re wondering which attractions are open at the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, get excited because it’s most of them! With no wait times, we had plenty of time to ride ALL of the rides we wanted. We even rode a few of our favorites more than once!
Below is list from 2021 and subject to change for 2022 when Disney announces more information.
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Jungle Cruise (Holiday-themed!)
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Splash Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- “It’s a small world”
- The Barnstormer
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Mad Tea Party (Holiday-themed!)
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Tomorrowland Speedway (Holiday-themed!)
- Space Mountain (Holiday-themed!)
- Astro Orbiter
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (Holiday-themed!)
- The Haunted Mansion
Will the Disney Resort Transportation be Available for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party attendees?
If you’re wondering if the buses, monorail and boats will still be available late after the party, yes they will. We had plenty of time to take photos outside after the event closed and still catch a bus back to our resort.
Is The Disney Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Worth The Price?
With a price from $150-$199 per ticket, I’ve been asked if the event was worth it. As a frequent visitor of Disney parks and someone who has been to Disney World multiple times during the holidays, I was shocked at how crowded the parks were this year.
For me, I would say YES! The price was totally worth it to be able skip the crowds and long wait lines (read below about this). I personally would not go to a Disney World park during the holiday season unless I had after hours event tickets.
If you have never been to Magic Kingdom, going to an after hours event will not be enough time to see everything.
Would I go to an after hours event if I had young children?
The late night event times would be tough with small children. It really depends on your kids. I took teenagers and we made sure to nap before going to the park. I’m so glad we relaxed that day and napped, because we didn’t get back to our resort until after 1 am.
We loved this special event and would definitely go again. Anytime we can celebrate the holidays at Disney by going to a private party, we’ll be there!
More Disney Tips You Might Like:
- 10 Best Snacks at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Disney World Swan Reserve Review
- Money Disney Minnie Ears
- Minnie Mouse Ears Hair Clips
- 6 Easy Baby Yoda Crafts and Recipes
- Tips for New Year’s Eve at Magic Kingdom
- Disney Oogie Boogie Bash Tips
- 20 Darling Disney Themed Desserts
Originally published on June 26, 2022. Last Updated on July 5, 2022 by Amy Locurto