Review of Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, a luxury deluxe hotel in the heart of Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida near Orlando.
Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Review
The Swan Reserve is a boutique hotel and an expansion of the Swan and Dolphin Resorts which are owned by Marriott. It’s one of the newest Walt Disney World Deluxe Resorts and I couldn’t wait to check it out!
What are the Rooms like at the Swan Reserve?
The rooms were modern and very clean. I love staying at new hotels for this reason!
The beds and pillows were super comfortable. I loved my view of Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios which is right across the street.
All of our tiny guests loved the soft beds too!
What’s the Pool Like at the Swan Reserve?
I was sad the pool was still under construction, so I couldn’t enjoy it or go outside to take photos. What I could see through the window looks like it will be a fantastic place to relax when it’s completed!
How Do You Get from Swan Reserve to Hollywood studios?
Water taxis can be boarded on the causeway that connects the Swan and Dolphin. This dock is about a 5-minute walk from the Swan Reserve.
Water taxis go to Disney’s BoardWalk, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT every 20–25 minutes, starting 1 hour before the parks open.
How Long is the Walk from Swan Reserve to Hollywood Studios?
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is a 20-minute walk along the lake and canal from the Swan Reserve.
What Dining Options are at Swan Reserve?
Wondering what there is to eat at the Swan Reserve? Here are your options.
The signature dining at the Swan Reserve is Amare, an upscale Mediterranean restaurant located on the lobby floor. As of now, it’s only open for dinner. I ate at Amare on this trip and will be writing a review soon.
Stir is located in the lobby bar where you can get specialty cocktails, delicious appetizers and light bites.
There is also a quick service restaurant and coffee shop called Grounds where you can find snacks, bottles of wine and breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Tangerine (coming soon)
The Swan Reserve will also feature a poolside bar and grill called Tangerine. This poolside grill will feature signature drinks as well as some more casual items including flatbreads, salads, burgers, and sandwiches.
You can also enjoy full access to all Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts restaurants or walk to Disney’s BoardWalk or other resorts nearby.
What I Loved about Staying at the Swan Reserve
- It seemed much less crowded than the Swan or Dolphin Resorts. (I usually stay at the Dolphin or Swan and definitely noticed a much quieter atmosphere at the Swan Reserve.)
- Modern up-to-date boutique hotel design.
- You can enjoy the pools and other amenities at both the Swan or Dolphin Resorts, but the Swan Reserve pool is ONLY for its own guests.
- You don’t need a car. Complimentary buses take you to all Disney Parks or Disney Springs.
- It’s walking distance or a short boat ride to Disney’s BoardWalk, the Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club, EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- You get extra magic hours to the parks and also special extended evening hours while Disney has them. ? Learn more about the extended hours here.
- You can use or earn loyalty Marriott Bonvoy points.
- Upscale dining and beautiful lounge/bar area.
- You can see both Magic Kingdom and EPCOT fireworks from top floor rooms. Get discount tickets to the parks here.
- You can walk to Fantasia Gardens and Fairways Miniature Golf which is always a fun family activity.
I’m sure this hotel has an amazing state-of-the-art fitness room, but I didn’t even think to look as my workout is walking around the parks!
What I didn’t like
It is more expensive than the Dolphin or Swan Resorts, but I understand why because of the exclusivity and boutique-like feel.
The only thing I truly didn’t like is that the hotel wasn’t completely finished yet and I couldn’t hang out by the pool. Everything else was wonderful!
The staff was very friendly and we even got invited to a VIP party to watch the fireworks. That was super special and such a nice surprise.
Overall Thoughts About the Swan Reserve
You definitely get the Disney experience at this hotel and I highly recommend it if you’re wanting a more boutique-like hotel vs a giant resort. I will definitely stay there again on my next trip to Disney World.
–> Click Here to see if the Swan Reserve is available for your next Disney World trip.
Have you stayed at the Swan Reserve? What did you think?
More Tips You Might Enjoy:
- Disney World Extended Evening Hours Review
- Disneyland Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween Party Tips
- Disney Very Merriest After Hours Review
- Encanto Charcuterie Board
- Tiffins Restaurant at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- 10 Best Snacks at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Frozen Pineapple Dole Whip – Disney Copycat Recipe
- 10 Things You Must Do At Universal Orlando
- Money Disney Minnie Ears – Cute DIY Money Gift