As a mom of a teenager and pre-teen, we have experienced many back to school days! Here are my favorite top four back to school tips every parent should know!
4 Simple Back to School Tips Every Parent Should Know
Back to school has crept up on us again. I’m not so excited about summer coming to an end, but I am excited to be featured in Better Homes and Gardens magazine with some of my favorite tips to get you ready for school!
Look for me in the upcoming September back to school issue. You can say “I know her!” 🙂
Seriously, look for it in stores, because Better Homes and Gardens is hosting a fantastic back to school sweepstakes for a chance to win some amazing products! After reading these helpful back to school tips, be sure to scroll down for your chance to win.
Here are some of my favorite back to school tips!
1. Plan ahead to make school lunches more exciting.
Stock up on fun shaped cookie cutters for creative sandwiches for back to school. Make a list of at least twenty different types of foods to go in your kid’s lunch box, so they enjoy something different each day. Print and cut lunch box notes ahead of time so you can write encouraging messages when you need them.
- These 85 School Lunch Ideas are a life saver!
- Get creative with this simple back to school lunch box idea.
- –> Click here to print some of my favorite free printable lunch box notes.
2. Make Back to School Photos Stress Free
Take back to school photos BEFORE school starts. It’s a great way to enjoy a stress-free morning when the big day arrives!
A few days before school begins, plan a photo shoot with the first day of school outfit, new shoes, backpack and of course hair style. Now you can take your time and get the best smiles without any worry of being late on the first day back.
Enjoy some cute printable back to school photo props here.
3. Get Your Home Organized for School
Now is a great time to organize your kid’s closet and make a dedicated space in your home for backpacks and homework. Print some weekly calendars to frame for staying organized.
4. Make Breakfast the Night Before
No need to stress out in the mornings. Whip up an easy breakfast recipe the night before school starts. Try making my favorite French Toast Bake ahead of time, so all you have to do is heat and top with fruit or syrup for a special first day of school breakfast.
Here are 5 amazing make ahead breakfast recipes:
- Strawberry Cashew Oatmeal Bars
- Healthy Minions Banana Smoothie
- Overnight Cranberry-Blueberry French Toast
- Scrambled Eggs and Cheese Breakfast Egg Rolls
- Instant Pot Banana French Toast
Don’t miss out on these fun Back to School Free Printables!