Last updated on October 17th, 2017 at 07:33 am
A simple breakfast egg roll recipe! Scrambled eggs and cheese breakfast egg rolls with sausage gravy makes a perfect grab and go breakfast with a twist.
Enjoy this delicious breakfast egg roll recipe!
We all know about the usual egg rolls, but have you ever tried making breakfast egg rolls before? They remind me of the breakfast pastries you can get at the store, but much better because they are made fresh by you!
Breakfast might be my favorite meal of the day. I could eat these Strawberry Oatmeal Cashew Bars all day and my new favorite breakfast recipe is my Instant Pot Banana French Toast! One of my all time favorite recipes ever on the blog has to be these easy Breakfast Egg Rolls!
I love finding new recipes and happy that the talented Divian Connor is back with another simple and amazing breakfast recipe idea. The possibilities are endless with these breakfast egg rolls.
You can fill your egg roll wrappers with egg and cheese but also add diced ham, sausage or crumbled bacon. How about a south-western one, with diced tomato, green pepper, onions, eggs, cheese? My children and family love this recipe. They would be perfect to add to the table if you are hosting a brunch.
I hope you enjoy these breakfast egg rolls as much as my family does!
How to Make Breakfast Egg Rolls!
What you’ll need:
- Eggs (6)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Egg roll wrappers
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped bell peppers (optional)
- Vegetable Oil
Scramble your eggs, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. I usually mix one tablespooon of sour cream to my egg mixture and mix well before pouring it into the skillet. This is optional.
Once the eggs are done, now comes the assembly.
The egg roll wrappers can be a bit dry. To make sure they stick when rolling, sprinkle with water and smooth the water out over the wrapper.
Place the wrapper in front of you like above, in a diamond. Lay your scrambled eggs in the middle and sprinkle with a nice amount of shredded cheese.
Begin rolling by taking the bottom and ‘tucking’ under the eggs.
Bring in the sides and then continue rolling.
There you are! Once you have all yours wrapped, deep fry in about an inch of vegetable oil until golden brown.
For less grease, place them on a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees until brown.
For the gravy, you can make your own from scratch, but I always look for easier, quicker alternatives since I am a busy mom of four.
In a skillet, I browned about a cup of sausage. Drain any fat. I used a packet of Country gravy Mix that you can find at your local grocery store next to the taco, chili, seasonings. Mix the gravy according to the packet directions and pour over your cooked sausage. Mix well until you have a nice thick consistency.
Serve your cheese and egg ‘rolls’ with the gravy as a dipping sauce.
They can be made and frozen the night before and cooked the following morning.
Watch the How To Video
- ¼ cup chopped bell peppers (optional)
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ½-1 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup pork sausage
- 1 packet country gravy mix
- 1 cup milk
- In a skillet, cook bell peppers in a little bit of butter over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper into a bowl. Turn heat to low and pour egg mixture into skillet and scramble until they are done.
- Once the scrambled eggs are done, assemble the egg rolls.
- Sprinkle egg roll wrappers with water and smooth the water out over the wrapper to make sure they are sticky before rolling.
- Place the wrapper in front of you in a diamond. Lay your scrambled eggs in the middle and sprinkle with a nice amount of shredded cheese.
- Begin rolling by taking the piece closest to you and tucking it under the scrambled eggs.
- Bring in the sides of the egg roll wrapper and continue rolling. Wet the last of the wrapper with your finger to seal closed.
- Once you have all breakfast egg rolls wrapped, set aside.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large skillet and heat until very hot. Make sure you have about an inch of oil.
- Deep fry your breakfast egg rolls turning them until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove and place on a paper towel until ready to serve.
- Sausage Gravy
- In a skillet, brown sausage. Drain any fat.
- Mix the gravy according to the packet directions (1 cup water and 1 cup milk) and pour over your cooked sausage. Mix well until you have a nice thick consistency.
- Serve your breakfast egg rolls with the sausage gravy as a dipping sauce.
To make ahead of time, assemble the breakfast egg rolls, freeze and cook when ready.