I’m starting my low carb diet again and made one of my favorite sheet pan salmon recipes this weekend that I think you’ll love! My friend Cate shared this recipe several years ago for one of my free weekly meal plan dinners and ever since then, I’ve been hooked.
This recipe is fast, easy and since you bake it in foil on a sheet pan, there is no baking pan to wash! With only 15 minutes of prep time, this healthy meal is sure to please any salmon lover.
I love that it only takes a few steps to make. You can assemble the foil packs ahead of time, then bake when you’re ready for dinner. Feel free to substitute the asparagus for your favorite green vegetable.
I hope you enjoy this delicious, simple sheet pan salmon foil bake recipe!
- 2-4 Salmon Fillets
- ½ stick softened butter
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- Fresh Asparagus
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven or grill to 375°
- Mix the chopped basil into the softened butter and set aside
- Lay out foil for holding individual Salmon fillets. Foil should be about 12-15 inches in length
- Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray
- Place salmon in the center of the foil, skin side down
- Put a spoonful of the basil butter mixture on top of salmon and press down slightly with a spoon along the top of the salmon and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place 1 lemon slice on top of each salmon fillet
- Add 3-4 asparagus stems to each packet (rub butter mixture on top of asparagus for extra flavor)
- Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of the tomatoes on top of lemon layer
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and grind fresh pepper over the top
- Pull top and bottom of foil up and roll down until it seals in the center. Fold over the sides several time toward the center to seal and form the foil packet.
- Place foil packets on a baking sheet or directly on grill and bake for 20 minutes.
- Open steaming packets carefully and transfer to plates.