Do you love salmon? Well, this is the best grilled salmon burger recipe! Fire up the grill for these fresh salmon patties. Crispy and crunchy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. These juicy salmon burgers are a quick and easy healthy dinner idea!
Grilled Salmon Burger Recipe
Salmon burgers are a super fast, go-to meal for my family. Not only is this a delicious salmon recipe, but a healthy alternative to the usual burgers.
If you aren’t a fan of fish, but want to learn to like it… this recipe is for you! My son won’t try anything new and even he loves these juicy salmon burgers. I tricked him when he was little by calling them Sponge Bob’s WORLD FAMOUS Krabby Patties. Worked like a charm! ha!
When you are ready to fire up your grill, I hope you’ll try these amazing salmon burgers! No grill? No problem! I have directions for both the grill and the stove top. Both are super easy and either way you cook them is awesome!
I usually make these salmon patties and serve with mashed potatoes. It’s a comfort food that reminds me of my childhood. Oh how I loved salmon pattie night! But, adding them to a hamburger bun was the way I got my kids to try something new years ago and I’ve been hooked ever since!
More Easy seafood recipes to try:
- How to Make the Best Baked Shrimp
- Amazing Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- Easy Tuna Casserole Made with Pantry Staples
- Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon
Low Carb Salmon Patties
If you’re watching your carbs, these salmon patties are amazing on top of a salad. This recipe doesn’t call for capers, but if you like capers as much as I do, I suggest adding some to your salad. You won’t be sorry.
Should you use fresh or canned salmon?
Fresh cooked salmon certainly is delicious and will work, but it will take up more time. I use this wild Alaska canned salmon or salmon pouches. I really like salmon pouches because they come boneless and very easy to rip open with less mess. Bonus, you can keep them handy in your pantry ready to go for this meal anytime of the week!
Can you freeze cooked salmon patties?
If you plan to make these patties ahead of time, I recommend freezing the uncooked salmon patty instead of the cooked version. Wrap each patty individually in plastic wrap and then combine them into a freezer bag so you can take out only as many as you want to use at a given time.
Enjoy This Recipe for the BEST Salmon Burgers
I hope you enjoy one of my favorite family recipes! Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. If you make my salmon burgers, be sure to share a photo on my Facebook page or use the hashtag #LivingLocurto on Instagram.
This recipe was originally published on May 28, 2018. We’ve updated this post with new ideas for you. Enjoy!
Best Grilled Salmon Burger
- 6 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread - use 3/4 cup bread crumbs if you don’t have a food processor
- 16-20 ounces cooked salmon - 4 pouches of 5 oz boneless salmon
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- 2 scallions - chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tsp olive oil
- hamburger buns
- lemon wedges
- Remove crusts from the bread, break into pieces and process in a food processor until you get a fine bread crumb. (use 3/4-1 cup of Panko bread crumbs as an alternative)
- In a large bowl, mix the salmon and eggs together.
- Add chopped scallions, cilantro, pepper, and the bread crumbs to the mix.
- Shape into burger patties.
For cooking on the grill:
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Spray a large piece of heavy foil with grilling spray, place over grill grates.
- Brush each side of salmon patties with olive oil.
- Add salmon patties to foil and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- While the salmon cooks, spray buns with grilling spray and toast on the grill.
For cooking on a stove top:
- In a pan, heat half of olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add patties and cook a few of the patties for 5 minutes on each side. Add the remaining olive oil to the pan, and cook the rest of the salmon patties.
Serve on a hamburger bun with lemon wedges and your choice of toppings.
You might also love these recipes…
More fast and delicious dinner recipes:
- Grilled Chicken with Mint and Vegetables
- 10 Minute Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup
- Bourbon Glazed Salmon Salad
- Low-Carb Grilled Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs
- Grilled Margarita Shrimp Kebabs
- Wild Rice Stuffed Salmon
- All-American Grilled Burger