Last updated on February 15th, 2019 at 03:14 pm
This simple Baked Chicken Greek Salad with Avocado is a perfect dish to share when watching Mamma Mia! Here we Go Again, now available to own on Digital and Blu-ray. A juicy baked chicken recipe and fresh avocado slices loaded onto a homemade Greek salad is an irresistible low carb meal packed with flavor!
The Best Baked Chicken Greek Salad with Avocado!
This post is in partnership with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Make plans for a night in with this amazing recipe for Baked Chicken Greek Salad with Avocado!
Greek food and ABBA are two of my favorite things! When I was asked if I wanted to share a recipe to help celebrate the Worldwide Phenomenon and Sing-Along event of the year, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Sing-Along Edition, I said of course!
First of all, this baked chicken is super moist, easy to make and perfect for a healthy Greek Salad. Second, you’ll want to be sure to serve it up while watching Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again.
Seriously, this easy baked chicken greek salad is drool worthy don’t you think? I could eat this everyday!!
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again
As soon as this movie came out in the theaters, I was there! Now that it’s on digital, I’m even more excited to watch it again, so I can sing along at home. LOL! If you haven’t seen this cute movie yet, it’s a must! It’s so fun to return to the magical Greek island of Kalokairi with this musical full of ABBA songs.
The original cast returns and I love that Cher makes an appearance! The guys are my favorite though, because I have a crush on Colin Firth. I dream of living on a Greek island running around singing ABBA songs! When I visited Greece, that’s kind of what I did. LOL! Get the film here.
Easy Baked Chicken Greek Salad
Since I don’t live on a Greek island, this yummy Baked Chicken Greek Salad will have to do for now. It’s a twist on the traditional Greek salad. I made a homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing and added avocado. It’s full of flavor and very easy to whip up for dinner or party.
Romaine lettuce tossed with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, yellow peppers, olives, red onion and feta cheese makes the most amazing salad! I love the rainbow of colors.
You don’t have to add chicken to your salad, but it makes more of a hearty meal. This baked chicken recipe is my go-to meal for perfectly moist chicken every time!
First, I marinade the chicken in the dressing, then brown each side over the stove and finally bake in the oven.
More Delicious Baked Chicken Recipes:
- Honey Lime Baked Chicken Breasts
- Baked Chicken Nachos
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken
- Low Carb Oven Baked Chicken Pesto Rolls
Adding this delicious baked chicken to your Greek salad is the best and looks beautiful!
Before serving, I will pour some of my homemade dressing over the chicken to give it a glossy, even more appetizing look. People will go crazy when they see this dish!
Head out to the store to get your ingredients for making this salad and don’t miss the Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Sing-Along Edition, now available on Digital, Blu-ray and DVD.
Baked Chicken Greek Salad Recipe
Baked Chicken Greek Salad with Avocado
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups romaine lettuce leaves chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cucumber halved and sliced
- 2 small tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/2 yellow pepper chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives sliced
- 1/2 lemon
- Fresh ground pepper
- In a bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar and mustard together.
- Slowly add the olive oil and blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an air tight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Add 2 tablespoons of dressing and chicken breasts to a large zipper bag or bowl and toss together.
- Lightly coat a baking dish or skillet that is oven and stovetop safe with cooking spray and place the chicken breasts into the dish.
- Brown the chicken breasts over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until cooked all the way through (meat thermometer should read 165°). If your dish is not oven safe, place chicken into a casserole baking dish before putting in the oven.?Remove from oven, cover the dish with foil for 5 minutes to let the chicken rest before slicing for the salad.
- While the chicken is baking, fill a large bowl with romaine lettuce.
- Combine the avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, yellow pepper, onion, Feta and olives.
- Squeeze the juice from a lemon wedge over the vegetables.
- Add the sliced chicken and sprinkle with fresh pepper to taste.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of dressing over the chicken.
- Serve this baked chicken greek salad with dressing on the side.