A favorite recipe of mine are these Chicken Guacamole Enchiladas. I haven’t made them in a long time, so when we finally got some spring like weather here in Texas, I whipped some up and invited friends to dine with us on our patio. After a long day of gardening and spring cleaning, these enchiladas hit the spot!
For a quick meal, I buy a cooked rotisserie chicken from our grocery store deli and ready made guacamole. Then all you have to do is shred the chicken and assemble your enchiladas! A delicious quick and easy dinner.
Make a few batches of this recipe and freeze one for later. This is a perfect meal for the family, entertaining guests or simple patio dinning!
I’m now craving this dish and spring weather again as we are iced in and have no school today! I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 (28 oz) can enchilada sauce ~ or 2 (10 oz) cans
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1½ cups guacamole
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 12-15 corn tortillas
- ½ pound Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
- ½ pound Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat oil in a saucepan for 2-3 minutes. Once oil is hot, fry tortillas one at a time for one minute each side, or until lightly brown. Remove and blot on paper towel.
- Spread ½ cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Add a large spoonful of guacamole and chicken into each tortilla. Roll up and arrange side by side in the casserole dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas. Make sure each is covered well.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes take foil off and bake for another five minutes.
Counting Carbs like me?
Here are the total carbohydrates in this recipe:
- 1 Corn Tortilla: 12 g
- Canola Oil: 0 g
- Chicken Breasts: 0 g
- Wholly Guacamole Classic Guacamole: 16 g (per cup)
- Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce: 16 g (per cup)
- Monterey Cheese: .2 g (per slice or 1 oz)
- Cheddar Cheese: .4 g (per slice or 1 oz)
Roughly 15-18 g carbohydrates per enchilada depending on how you stuff them. Have a few with a side salad and enjoy!!
I’m excited about the Carb Blocker by Modere!
I just found Carb Blocker, an all natural product that delays the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Supporting your weight management goals. What I love about Modere products is they are safe with no harsh chemicals!
You might also like: