With football season and fall party time upon us, I’m excited about this bacon themed appetizer! Divian Connor, Living Locurto’s food contributor, is sharing a mouth-watering BLT recipe. You’re sure to flip over this dip! ~Amy
Seriously, this has been the most requested dish I have ever made.
Whenever there is a party or potluck, I hear, “Are you bringing BLT Dip?” Really, it is that good. I mean, sun-dried tomato, cream cheese, ranch, lettuce and bacon?
I have yet to master how to photograph this to make it look as appealing and tasty as it is, but believe me, once you try it, if you love a nice BLT, you should love this too.
You can tweak this recipe to your liking. I like to add more bacon and I have also tried sauteing the sun-dried tomatoes before adding to the dip so that they soften just a bit.
With the croutons, you only need the lettuce slices for serving and it is perfect. Crisp lettuce with this hot, tangy, bacon dip is so delicious.
I have never had any of this dip left over at any time I have served it. It is one of my favorites! Enjoy!
- 2 packages 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (or shredded fiesta cheese)
- ½ cup of sun dried tomatoes diced (not in oil, if in water, drain)
- ½ cup of chopped cooked bacon
- 2 tbsp of sour cream
- In a mixing bowl, combine everything except lettuce and croutons.
- Mix well and spread into your baking dish/dip bowl (oven safe serving dish).
- Top with croutons and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, surround the dip with lettuce slices.
©2013 LivingLocurto.com & Divian Connor
Try another crowd favorite appetizer… Cheesy Hot Wings Chicken Dip.