Easy hot Beer Cheese Dip recipe served in pretzel bread bowls. A crowd pleasing appetizer for any party! Mouthwatering football and holiday party food.
Easy Beer Cheese Dip Pretzel Bread Bowls
Many of us have eaten beer cheese soup, but what about Beer Cheese Dip served in tasty pretzel bread bowls? Holy cow! You HAVE to try this amazing appetizer! This dip recipe is perfect for any type of party, especially a fall football party or Christmas party!
I love making all kinds of dip recipes, especially cheese dip. This simple to make beer cheese dip is warm, creamy, ooey gooey goodness with a little spicy kick! We served this hot Beer Cheese Dip in individual pretzel bread rolls that we turned into bowls. With your own mini pretzel bread bowl, you can double dip as many times as you want and no one can get mad at you!
Where can I find pretzel bowls?
We found these pretzel rolls at Costco, but most markets that have a bakery should also sell them. Serve this tasty appetizer on a platter with several mini beer cheese dip pretzel bread bowls and chunks of pretzel bread around them. It makes a crowd pleasing treat for any party!
What other ways can you serve beer cheese dip?
This beer cheese dip would also be incredible served in a Mini Crockpot along side of veggies, hard pretzels, or any other soft bread for dipping. A Crockpot would keep the dip toasty and warm throughout your party as well.
No matter how you serve it, you are sure to get two thumbs up from the crowd!
The next time you are having guests over for a party, big game or happy hour, try this hot Beer Cheese Dip Pretzel Bowls.
We hope you enjoy this mouth-watering dip recipe. We couldn’t stop eating it!!!
Enjoy This Easy Beer Cheese Dip Recipe!
More amazing dip recipes:
Beer Cheese Dip Pretzel Bowls
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk - divided
- 3/4 cup beer - divided
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 12-16 pretzel rolls
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt the better. Whisk in the flour.
- Take the pan off of the heat and whisk in 2 tablespoons of the milk until smooth. Then whisk in 2 more tablespoons. Add 1/4 cup of the milk and whisk that until smooth followed by the final 1/4 cup of milk.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the beer, dijon, garlic powder, salt and cayenne. Return the pan to medium heat and stir until thick and bubbling, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the cheese one big handful at a time, whisking after each addition to melt it in. Taste and add more garlic, salt and cayenne if desired. I also add more beer if needed to thin it our a bit. You can also do this later if it becomes to think as it cools. Garnish with a pinch more of cayenne on the top to add a little more spice.
- Cut a hole out of the top of each of your pretzel rolls. Pull some of the bread out to give you a nice amount of space for filling them up with the hot beer cheese dip.
- Serve the pretzel bowls filled with beer cheese dip on a platter and sprinkle the extra bread around the bowl for dipping.
Originally published January 2017