Last updated on April 18th, 2019 at 06:39 pm
Buffalo Chicken Dip is a creamy hot wings and cheese dip recipe packed full flavor! Serve this appetizer recipe at any party and watch it disappear like magic! It’s the perfect game day dip served with bread, chips, carrots or celery.
Amazing Buffalo Chicken Dip
Believe me, you’re going to love this Buffalo Chicken Dip! My friend Ted sent me another yummy dip recipe to try and now I’m addicted. If you love hot wings, this is the perfect recipe for a football party or pretty much any kind of gathering where you need to bring appetizers.
I call this tasty Buffalo Chicken Dip “girly game day food.” It’s much easier to make and less messy than eating chicken wings, plus everyone loves it! If you make this Buffalo Chicken Dip for the guys, you would need to prepare at least two batches! They will scarf it down because it’s so dang good.
Originally Published September 22, 2009
How to Make the BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip
This amazing Buffalo chicken dip is very addicting! Be sure to make a double batch if you have more than 4 people at the party. This recipe can serve up to 8 people, but believe me, it will be gone fast!
You’ll need these ingredients:
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast (Rotisserie chicken works great and saves tons of time.)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 12 oz of Blue cheese or Ranch dressing (I used Blue cheese dressing)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 – 2 cups Buffalo chicken wings sauce or hot sauce (Ted recommends Franks Hot Sauce)
- Blue cheese crumbles and fresh parsley for garnish is optional
It’s simple to make Buffalo Chicken Dip!
This dip is so simple! The easiest thing to do is to put chicken in a food processor and chop until crumbly. If you don’t have a food processor, you can shred your chicken by hand or use a hand held mixer. Put the chicken into a casserole dish and press down until the bottom is completely covered, about 1/4 inch thick.
Sprinkle hot sauce over the chicken. Do not mix it in, just sprinkle the hot sauce on top of the pressed chicken until it is covered. Put as much as you would like on here. I usually don’t use more than a cup because the Franks hot sauce can make this dip very spicy.
Melt the cream cheese and combine with the dressing and pour the cream cheese mixture over the chicken. Again, do not mix! Just pour over the chicken until completely covered.
Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Add the cheddar cheese to the top and bake a little more until it’s melted.
To save on calories and carbs, this Buffalo chicken dip is amazing served with celery or carrots! The crowd favorite is usually chips or bread though.
More amazing dip recipes to try:
- Beer Cheese Dip Pretzel Bread Bowls
- Dill Pickle Dip Recipe
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip Recipe
- Instant Pot Spinach Dip Recipe
- Bacon Goat Cheese Pumpkin Dip
- BLT Dip Recipe | Low Carb Bacon Lettuce Tomato Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Put chicken in a food processor and chop until crumbly.
- Place the chicken into a casserole dish and press down until the bottom is completely covered (about 1/4 in thick)
- Sprinkle hot sauce over the chicken. Do not mix in, just sprinkle on top of the pressed chicken until it is covered. Put as much as you would like. The more sauce you add, the spicier the dip!
- Add cream cheese in a glass bowl and melt in microwave for about 30-45 seconds. Mix in the dressing and stir.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the chicken (Again do not mix, just pour over the chicken until completely covered.)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the top with cheddar cheese and bake a few minutes more until cheese is melted.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles and fresh parsley (optional).
- Serve warm with bread, tortilla chips, carrots or celery for dipping.
More yummy dips to try!
- Easy Lemon Dip
- Smoked Gouda Pumpkin Dip
- Million Dollar Dip
- Ultimate Loaded Garlic Chicken Dip
- Ranch Chicken Cheese Dip