An adorable Snowman Cheese Ball recipe to make this holiday season. With only two ingredients, it’s the perfect quick and easy Christmas party appetizer!
Easy Snowman Cheese Ball Recipe
I love turning my cheese balls into something fun! In the past, I’ve shaped them into a pine cone, pumpkin and now a cute Snowman Cheese Ball!
As the holiday season approaches, you’ll be in need of a recipe that’s different. We all want something quick and fast to make, but one that you know will taste great and be a hit with party guests.
Today, I’m sharing a creative Christmas party appetizer idea with only two ingredients! This snowman savory party appetizer takes very little time or effort, but looks and tastes amazing!
I hope you enjoy this easy Snowman Cheese Ball recipe. I think he turned out so cute!
How do you serve a snowman cheese ball?
Since I like to turn my cheese ball recipes into a shape or an extra fun creation, I will usually serve mine with simple crackers to make the cheese ball the center of attention.
There are many ways you can serve a cheese ball, here are a few ideas.
- Surround your cheese ball with colorful vegetables. Red and green peppers would be fabulous for a Christmas party!
- Add various salty snacks around the platter, such as pretzels, bagel chips and crackers.
- Pita triangles are always a hit.
- Chips are always a hit. Try large Fritos or tortilla chips.
How long do cheese balls last?
You can make this in advance then add the snowman’s hat and face when you’re ready to serve.
For this recipe and most cheese balls, the main ingredient is cream cheese.
According to Philadelphia Cream Cheese, under normal refrigerator conditions of 40° at all times, an unopened package of cream cheese is good 1 month past the “Best When Purchased By” date on the carton. Once opened, it should be used within 10 days.
Can I freeze this cheese ball?
Yes! If you have left overs, you might want to freeze this to use the cheese for later. Break it up into smaller portions, add to a freezer bag, freeze up to two months to use for various recipes.
How to Make a Snowman Cheese Ball
If you’ve never made a cheese ball for a party, now is the time. They are so easy to make!
How To Make the Snowman Cheese Ball Hat
Use the sample photo below of my snowman’s hat to cut your own hat from a cupcake wrapper. Don’t worry, It doesn’t have to be perfect. No matter how you cut out the hat, it will look super cute!
Make sure to cut flaps on the side and make a curvy bill. Wrap a pencil around the bill to make it extra curly.
How To Make the Snowman Cheese Ball Scarf
Cut around the edge of a cupcake wrapper for the scarf. I used two cupcake wrappers.
Flatten out the paper with your hand. Then gently tie the two together like you would a scarf.
Cut fringe on the bottom of the scarf, then trim the sides so you can place the scarf on the cheeseball snowman’s neck.
I used grape vines for his arms.
Whole cloves for his eyes and mouth.
An orange bell pepper for a nose.
I think this snowman cheese ball turned out super cute! I hope you enjoy him. I know your party guests will love it!
Snowman Cheese Ball
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 7-10 Whole Cloves
- Orange Bell Pepper or Carrot
- 3 Plaid Cupcake Wrappers
- In a mixer, blend the cream cheese and goat cheese together until creamy.
- With your hands, form a large ball for the body of the snowman and place onto a serving platter. It will be messy, so be prepared with a towel close by to wipe your hands.
- Smooth the ball with a spatula.
- Repeat the process with a smaller ball for the head of the snowman.
- Cover and chill your platter in the refrigerator.
- Cut a hat out of a cupcake wrapper.
- Cut around the edge of two more cupcake wrappers to make a scarf.
- With a knife, cut a triangle from a carrot or orange bell pepper for the nose.
- Remove cheese ball from refrigerator and begin to decorate your snowman.
- Start by adding the snowman’s nose, then eyes with the cloves and last the mouth.
- Refrigerate and serve within 24 hours for the best results.