This simple to make Pine Cone Cheese Ball with Almonds is a fun Christmas Party Appetizer recipe for the holiday season!
Easy Pine Cone Cheese Ball Recipe
I featured this amazing Pine Cone Cheese Ball with Almonds Recipe several years ago in my 25 Creative Christmas Party Appetizer post.
The website that I featured it from years ago is no longer available. I loved this fun appetizer idea so much, that I recreated it here with my favorite Dill Cheese Ball recipe for you to enjoy.
I love dill weed, but if you don’t like it, use whatever cheese ball recipe you like best.
A Pine Cone Cheese Ball is Always a Holiday Party Winner!
A pine cone cheese ball is so easy to make. It’s the perfect party food for the holiday season. Toasted almonds add richness to the flavor of this cheese ball making for an amazing savory treat! It’s a beautiful addition to a holiday menu.
Can I Make This Holiday Appetizer Ahead of Time For My Party?
Make this creative holiday cheese ball the day before and keep chilled in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Not only is this a perfect holiday appetizer, it saves you time on the day of your party!
How to Make a Pine Cone Cheese Ball
To make this holiday appetizer, you will need a mixture of cream cheese and savory ingredients like bacon, green onions, and fresh dill weed.
Once chilled and shaped, you’ll top the cheese ball with delicious roasted almonds. Then garnish with rosemary sprigs to give it the appearance of a fresh-cut pine tree.
More Great Holiday Party Appetizers!
- Snowman Cheese Ball
- Santa Cheese Ball
- Taco Potato Skins
- Dill Pickle Dip
- Instant Pot Spinach Dip
- Bacon Goat Cheese Pumpkin Dip
- The Best Italian Antipasto Bake
- Bacon and Chives Cheese Balls
- Christmas Tree Sausage Wraps
- Hot Beer Cheese Dip Pretzel Bowls
Print the Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
Everyone will love this simple to make party appetizer. Print this easy cheese ball recipe below.
Pine Cone Cheese Ball with Almonds
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 5 strips of bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp diced green onion
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/4 cup whole almonds toasted
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread almonds on a baking pan and bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden. Let cool.
- Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise and mix well in a food processor or blender.
- Stir in the cooked bacon, green onion, dill weed and pepper.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Shape the cheese mixture into two small pine cones on serving plate.
- Starting at the narrow end, place almonds into the cheese on a slight angle, forming rows.
- Garnish pine cone cheese ball with rosemary twigs to resemble pine needles.
- Serve with crackers.
Originally published November 28, 2014–Updated July 2021
You might also love these easy Appetizer recipes:
Looking for more Thanksgiving or Christmas party appetizers? Here are some of my all time favorites.