Last updated on October 11th, 2016 at 08:38 am
I featured this amazing Pine Cone Cheese Ball Appetizer with Almonds Recipe several years ago in my 25 Creative Christmas Party Appetizer post. The website that I featured it from years ago is no longer available. I loved it so much, I recreated it here with my favorite Dill Cheese Ball recipe for you to enjoy.
This pine cone cheese ball is so easy and the perfect party food for the holiday season! It’s always a big hit!
Make your pine cone cheese ball the day before and keep chilled in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. This is a great recipe for a Fall pot luck, Thanksgiving appetizer or Christmas party. Plus, it’s gluten free! I love dill weed, but if you don’t like it, use whatever cheese ball recipe you like best.
Toasted almonds adds richness to the flavor making for an amazing savory treat! I hope you enjoy this delicious appetizer.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp diced green onion
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill weed
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1¼ cup whole almonds, toasted
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread almonds on a baking pan and bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden. Let cool.
- Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise and mix well in a food processor or blender.
- Stir in the cooked bacon, green onion, dill weed and pepper.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Shape the cheese mixture into two small pine cones on serving plate.
- Starting at the narrow end, place almonds into the cheese on a slight angle, forming rows.
- Garnish with rosemary twigs to resemble pine needles.
- Serve with crackers.