A Mermaid Punch sure to make a splash! This frozen Mermaid Rum Punch is an ocean blue concoction loaded with lemonade, coconut, white rum, and banana, all blended together to create a magical tropical delight. Bottoms up, mermaids!
Easy Mermaid Rum Punch Recipe
When you’re wishing you could feel the ocean’s breeze on a hot summer day, this Mermaid Rum Punch is just what you’ll want to make!
It’s not often that you can say you’re drinking mermaid punch right? This makes me wish I was back in beautiful Turks & Caicos for sure!
I would love to make a few pitchers of these mermaid drinks for a party or girl’s day out. Leave out the rum for an alcohol free drink.
If you like piña coladas, then you’ll love this new frozen drink. I have a few friends with summer birthdays and will definitely be making them!
Easy Ocean Blue Drink
To go along with it’s name, we definitely wanted this mermaid drink to look like a blue tropical ocean. Since this is mostly made of frozen lemonade, the blue look comes by adding Blue Curacao liqueur.
Blue Curacao is made of citrus which gives it more of an orange lemon flavor. If you prefer your drink to taste more like a traditional piña colada, omit the Blue Curacao.
You could also add a tablespoon of blueberry puree on the top for a similar blue ocean effect.
Mermaid Rum Punch Party Tips:
- To add more flavor with less ice, which can water down the drink, freeze the banana and pineapple juice ahead of time.
- Want the blue effect, but don’t have Blue Curacao? You can aways add blueberry puree. Or mix a few drops of blue food coloring or Mermaid Blue Syrup into your blender when mixing.
- Serve with style by using blue drinking straws and and nautical shell cocktail napkins.
- Bring the sea to your party table with seashell coasters.
- Not a fan of glass by the pool? These Mermaid Squad cups are super cute and perfect for when you’re traveling or at the pool.
You might also like these drink recipes:
- Frozen Watermelon Margaritas
- Skinny Sangria
- Passion Fruit Rum Punch
- Best Sangria Recipes
- Mermaid Rum Punch
- Zombie Cocktail
Enjoy this amazing Mermaid Rum Punch!
Mermaid Rum Punch
- 12 oz can frozen lemonade
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 5 oz white rum
- 4 oz coconut cream
- 1 banana
- 1 cup Ice
- 4 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
- Garnish with kiwi and pineapple slices
- In a blender, add the frozen lemonade, pineapple juice, rum, coconut cream, banana and ice. Blend well.
- Pour the frozen cocktail into glasses.
- Add a splash of Blue Curacao over the top of each drink.
- Gently swirl a bit of the liqueur into the drink while adding the straw. Do not blend completely.
- Garnish with kiwi and pineapple slices.
Originally published May 2019
Photos & Styling by Natalie Mayhew
Natalie is a wife, mom, designer, editorial stylist and content creator with a background in finance and a passion for world travel. She is founder of Fern & Maple, which reflects her unique style, and showcases her events, DIYs, vintage finds and party inspiration.