This Harry Potter butterbeer cake in a mug looks and tastes just like Butterbeer! Bake this cake in the mug in a microwave for a magical dessert treat! Perfect for a simple Harry Potter birthday party idea.
Making Butterbeer Mug Cake is so easy! I often get asked if I have any simple recipe ideas for a Harry Potter birthday party. Look no further Muggles, you’ll love this Harry Potter Butterbeer cake idea!
Harry Potter Butterbeer Mug Cake Recipe
There is nothing better than an easy mug cake recipe along with a cold class of Harry Potter butterbeer!
This simple cake in a mug will give you the best of both and just what you’re craving. Full of buttery flavors, it tastes close to the real drink you can get at Universal Orlando in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
The BEST thing about this delicious butterbeer cake recipe is you bake it in the microwave. It only takes a few minutes to make this tasty treat.
Simple Harry Potter Cake Recipe
How cute would this butterbeer cake look on a Harry Potter birthday party table? Instead of the usual cake or cupcakes, all you need are some glass beer mugs for a magical party display!
Because you can make this Harry Potter Butterbeer Cake in the microwave, it’s perfect for quick treats.
You can make this dessert for one or two people any time of the day!
What do I need to make Butterbeer Mug Cake?
To make this Harry Potter cake, you will need to fetch some special items. You can try Harry Potter’s Accio spell, or just click on the helpful links I’ve included below.
Watch how to make Butterbeer Cake in a Mug
Instead of my usual recipe post, I did a video for you! I’m a visual person and really enjoy watching and making videos. I would LOVE if you clicked over to my Youtube channel and subscribe here.
Click on the video to see just how simple this Harry Potter cake is to make in a mug!
More Simple Ideas For a Harry Potter Birthday Party
I teamed up with my friend Maggy from Red Ted Art to create some amazing Harry Potter Themed Party Ideas! She made some homemade Harry Potter Magic Wands that are so incredible! Her wands are an easy DIY craft that anyone can make. Perfect for party favors or a Harry Potter fan!
You Might Also like:
- Easy Butterbeer Recipe
- Butterscotch Martini Recipe
- 5 Reasons to Celebrate Christmas at Universal Orlando
- 10 Things You Must Do At Universal Orlando
Originally published September 15, 2015 | Updated May 2, 2022
Butterbeer Cake in a Mug
- ⅓ Cup Flour
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking powder
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Teaspoon Cream Soda
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon Melted Butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch syrup
- Add the cake ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- Spray a glass mug with cooking spray and pour cake batter into the mug. Bake in the microwave for 2 minutes and 15 seconds.
- Let the cake cool and make the butterbeer frosting by mixing powdered sugar, butter, salt, vanilla, milk and butterscotch syrup together.
- Top with cake frosting or scoop out a spoonful of cake and layer the cake and frosting ending with a layer of frosting.
- Drizzle with syrup and enjoy!
Originally published on May 2, 2022. Last Updated on May 2, 2022 by Amy Locurto