Last updated on April 27th, 2014 at 02:25 pm
Summer calls for something sweet and cold to drink! My new favorite drink recipe is a simple berry drink made with fruit juices.
This recipe is very easy and yummy for anyone who prefers sweet cocktails over beer or wine. Make a mocktail for the kids, or add some vodka if you prefer to create a summer cocktail with a little kick!
- Grape Juice
- Cranberry Juice
- Sierra Mist Natural
- Sugar (for glass rim)
- Vodka (Regular or Rasberry) – Optional
Directions: (recipe makes 2 drinks)
1) Combine the following ingredients into a cocktail shaker or jar:
- 1 ounce Grape Juice
- 1 ounce Cranberry Juice
- 1 to 1 1/2 ounce of Vodka (optional) Try Rasberry Vodka for a different taste.
- Juice of half of a fresh lime (use the other half for garnish).
2) Shake and strain into a sugar rimmed martini or wine glass halfway full. (Use a lime to coat the edge of a glass and dip in a plate of sugar.)
3) Fill the rest of the glass with chilled Sierra Mist Natural.
4) Garnish with a lime.
Yum! I’m sure this drink has a “real” name. I was just using items that I had in my kitchen to make something sweet and thought I would share it with you.
Add less grape juice if you prefer your drinks not so sweet. This would be super easy to make in a pitcher for parties too.