Last updated on April 25th, 2014 at 10:48 am
Taking a family vacation is one of my most favorite things! With summer coming up, we’ll be doing a lot of traveling. I cherish my vacation photos so much and sharing a few simple tips below on how you can take better photos on your trips.
I rarely post twice in one day, but couldn’t resist submitting this photo to the I Heart Faces “In the Distance” June photo challenge. Since my blog is normally full of crafts, party ideas and fun food, I had to squeeze in just ONE more post today and I hope you don’t mind!
This photo of my daughter looking for mermaids on our cruise a few years ago is one of my all time favorite vacation photos! I don’t even mind the lines being angled because that is exactly how I felt at that moment! A little off kilter. The moment is precious to me. Makes me sad that she has grown so much already since this picture!
Family Vacation Photo Tips
- My advice for taking good vacation photos is to take a TON! Make sure to buy an extra memory card to take with you. I usually take my laptop and copy photos on it each night so I have a back-up incase I loose my camera or memory card.
- When traveling, I love snapping photos on my iPhone and sharing on Instagram. You can automatically share Instagram photos to Twitter and Facebook too. Just fun for family to keep up with what you’re doing and you only need to use one social media site!
- Get photos of your family in action, not just all posed “say cheese” shots. You will be glad that you did later.
- Take photos that tell a story. For this photo, my daughter would not hold still for me to take a photo of her in the cute dress. So I asked her to look in the ocean for mermaids. I didn’t get a photo of her face, but I think what I did get turned out even better. It’s more interesting and tells a story. I can remember our conversation about mermaids like it was yesterday:-)
- Don’t forget the details. I will take close-up photos of our maps, flowers, signs and food. I want to remember everything that I can!
More Travel Photos & Tips:
- Tips for taking Amazing Vacation Photos.
- Headed to New England? I highly recommend visiting Rockport, MA! Get a photo tour here.
- What are your favorite vacation spots? I love to travel to these locations.
- Thinking of going on a cruise? Check out my Tips for 1st Time Cruisers here.