St.Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to celebrate with a Green Margarita. With only four ingredients, you can whip this up in a flash!
Green Margarita Recipe for St. Patrick’s Day
If you are from Texas like me, a delicious margarita is a must-have. That’s why I came up with a new recipe for a Green Margarita instead of your usual St. Patrick’s Day cocktail.
Easy St. Patrick’s Day Drinks
My husband is half Irish, so we have to have some green fun around our house each year! I usually make kid-friendly St. Patrick’s Day drinks, but this year, wanted to make a fun margarita for the adults.
We aren’t big beer drinkers, but as Texan’s we’re always up for a good margarita! I made this easy green drink recipe and with only 4 ingredients, it’s a delicious drink to whip up for a party or just a few friends.
Originally published March 8, 2017 – updated in 2021
Here are a Few Desserts for St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day Party Ideas
I love the festive Irish themed napkins and cute paper straws I found at Oriental Trading. Adding a few cute party supplies like this makes a St. Patrick’s Day party even more fun!
I’m always impressed with all of the fun party supplies and usually end up spending hours shopping on their website! If you’re hosting friends this St. Patrick’s Day, make sure you visit Oriental Trading for festive supplies.
How to Make The Best Green Margaritas
Count yourself a lucky leprechaun if you make this Green Margarita. While decked in Irish colors, this recipe is not your usual St. Patty’s day cocktail and sure to be a fan favorite!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Best Green Margarita
- 2 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz Midori Melon Liqueur
- 1 Cup Salt
- Green Food Coloring
- Limes for Garnish
- Fill a plastic Ziploc bag with salt. Add 8-12 drops of green food coloring and close the bag. Gently squeeze and mix the salt until the color covers all the salt. Add more food coloring if the salt needs to be darker green. Pour the salt into a shallow bowl to dry.
- Rub the rim of a glass with a lime slice. Dip the glass into the salt.
- Shake the tequila, lime juice, Triple Sec, and Midori together with ice.
- Fill a glass with ice, then carefully pour the margarita into the glass.
- Garnish and enjoy!